Custom Search

emujo
02-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Replacing fleet of 950s with 951s. Current 950 are scanning to SMB shares

172.16.X.X host name
scans\scan\department folder
User name
password..

Current 950 configuration- domain field-empty, DNS-primary/secondary, SMB settings NTLM v1 and default "WORKGROUP", all other network settings (encryption, IPSEC, off or disabled. Scans work every time

New 951s- Same configuration including re using IP address. Each scan results in a folder not found error. The 951s allow browsing (similar to office equipment) and I can browse to the server (host) and drill down to the folders. Using same name/password config..Still not able to scan to the folder. Have not tried scanning to root of host yet. Are there any default settings on the 951s that may be different than the 950s. Production is not my strong point. The file share system is suxe-linux. This is happening across 4 campuses and 2 counties, all of the 950s work. Old office equipment being upgraded with new e series are working after pushing the address books back with PSDA. So we have a campus office with 1 950 and 3-4 e series being replaced. Everything works fine on the office equipment side, but 951s are failing.

I have tried adding the domain, switching to NTLM V1/V2, domain\user name for credentials, with no change (other than login failure with domain added to user name). Any thoughts? Emujo

allan
02-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Use FTP to bypass the problem for now?

emujo
02-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Tried FTP also, MFP hangs in a job processing state until power cycled. Emujo

Blizzoo
02-09-2016, 05:58 PM
I'm looking in a DIPSW list where listed that Dipsw 64 (SMB browsing sub folder seeking) is defaulted to 0 and if common folder have the many sub folder it takes much of the time for the sub folder seeking. Changing to 1 it's possible to seek the sub folders.
Now i didn't fully understand in your post if you can go to the "scans\scan\department folder" when browsing.
Hope this helps.

emujo
02-09-2016, 06:18 PM
It is looking like a permissions setting issue on their side, and they agree, just can't figure out when and why the connection broke moving from the 950 to the 951. Anyway, thanks for the replies and when a final solution is found, I will update. Emujo

Custom Search