PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C451 covers sheet with a heavy magenta tint

Custom Search

Capodastra
02-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Can anyone give me some pointers here . . .

This started out of the blue. I had printed a few sheets through the Fiery Command Workstation earlier without any problems and about an hour later this starts happening.

I have changed the Magenta drum as I thought it might be that but, it still happens.

Any help please.

Regards

Barney

allan
02-09-2016, 05:23 PM
post a sample. Could be the HV and or some other things.

minimerlin
02-09-2016, 08:15 PM

This started out of the blue. I had printed a few sheets through the Fiery Command Workstation earlier without any problems and about an hour later this starts happening.

I have changed the Magenta drum as I thought it might be that but, it still happens.

Any help please.

Regards

Barney

Try blocking the magenta laserpath in one area with a small strip of paper. If you get a blank area on the copy/print it is the laser head!

Albonline
02-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Try blocking the magenta laserpath in one area with a small strip of paper. If you get a blank area on the copy/print it is the laser head!

edge to edge would be laser. if there are deletions around the outside hv

Capodastra
02-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Here is the image of one sheet.

Help please . . . desperate now. BD(

minimerlin
02-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Here is the image of one sheet.

Help please . . . desperate now. BD(Have you tried my previous suggestion as an aid to fault finding? Last time I saw that problem it was the laser!

Capodastra
02-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Have you tried my previous suggestion as an aid to fault finding? Last time I saw that problem it was the laser!

I am an end user and do not know how to do that.

Elmo
02-10-2016, 02:01 PM
I am an end user and do not know how to do that.

Then you need to call a qualified tech who does know how to do that !!!

folukems
02-10-2016, 02:28 PM
can you pls attached the image for proper advice

bcos if it started with cyan nd jump to magenta its likely a static charge is build up somewhere

Any help please.

Regards

Barney

Capodastra
02-10-2016, 02:46 PM
can you pls attached the image for proper advice

bcos if it started with cyan nd jump to magenta its likely a static charge is build up somewhere

Sorry, but you misread me. When I say it started "out of the blue" what I mean is it started suddenly, not gradually. That is an old English saying.

The image is in a previous post.

BD)

Capodastra
02-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Then you need to call a qualified tech who does know how to do that !!!

Elmo, though I appreciate your help, that is NOT helpful - to call a tech in the UK is mega expensive, and I am a man working from his garage office.

BD((

Elmo
02-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Elmo, though I appreciate your help, that is NOT helpful - to call a tech in the UK is mega expensive, and I am a man working from his garage office.

BD((
ok so you are just happy for people to give you their knowledge for free

most of the advise you will be given on this site is for techs as it is a tech site

the advise about trouble shooting is to help determine the problem with the machine
if you cannot perform some of these basic tasks, then it makes the job of helping you very difficult
also you can cause more damage by not knowing what you are doing

that is why i advise you to call a qualified tech

if it was a simple fix then someone would have told you what to do
the fault looks most likely to be the magenta laser unit
the advise given is to help determine that it is definatley that replacing it is not an end user job

Capodastra
02-10-2016, 04:31 PM
OOPS sorry Elmo if that was offensive, was not meant to be, did not know that this was a board only for techs, thought it was was for any business that had a machine too.

Sometimes in my situation you have to do stuff tyourself. Service contracts are immense for a small one-man business, so you have to mend and make do. When something goes wrong just a pointer would help.

As in this case, after the post from Minimerlin I made contact with an old friend and colleague who used to be a service engineer for Konica Minolta. Now works for someone else, and fortunately for me he was in a town near me today and has come and checked the machine, his first thought was that a HV board had gone (he said there were two and he could not be sure which one) but, taking note of Mnimerlin's suggestion he blocked the path of the magenta laser and it worked - half the sheet was ok the other have flooded with magenta. He then took the laser unit out to see if he could do anything and as it was 'sealed' he said I would have to get another. He re-seated the unit, and checked again, and it worked perfectly normally.

So I (we) know for the future if it happens again.

I understand the issue about making matters worse as "end-user" meddling with something I am not sure of, but surely knowledge shared on this board has to be a blessing to those in trouble!! I am now in my sixties, and, sadly for me, have to still work, I have been in the print trade since a boy as an indentured apprentice letterpress compositor and have experienced immense changes in the industry changing to litho and then retraining through the paste up process, then having to learn the technicalities of camera operation to shoot negs for platemaking; platemaking itself and then film planning to final film as well as to foils for platemaking; the introduction of Macs (for me from the early 90s) changing the industry amazingly; investing heavily in imagesetters and drum scanners for transparencies; finally into digital printing.

This amounts to many years of professional experience and I would never begrudge anyone the benefit of those years if it helps to get them put of trouble. Knowledge is treasure, and some keep the treasure to themselves reluctant to help others.

My apologies if I have offended you, but surely, your help on this board should be without prejudice? I do not get that from your replies.

allan
02-10-2016, 04:33 PM
edge to edge would be laser. if there are deletions around the outside hv

Its the other way around. :confused:

Elmo
02-10-2016, 05:04 PM
No offence was taken
just advise given
and im happy you got a tech in who got you sorted
it is always helpful to give a little background info so people know what level of help to give

there are a lot of end users who come on the forum expecting help for free
and then when given advice
don't listen then complain that people here are not helpful

this is a free site the wonderful people who contribute do so out of the goodness of there own heart

minimerlin
02-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Glad you got it fixed...my invoice is in the post..LOL.:cool:

The copier guru
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
This image will only be caused by 2 things normally.
It will be the Laser Print head or the MFP Board.
Both will need a trained engineer to trouble shoot and fix the problem.
Regards.

Custom Search