PDA

View Full Version : Konica c220 paper type

Custom Search

jonbonse
02-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Hi all

I have a client with a c220 which they complained of smudging prints on duplex. Turns out they were using 120gsm smooth paper without changing the paper type on the machine.

I have told them about using the 'thick' paper setting for this media however they print 200 page long manuals duplex and when they select 'thick' the machine runs really slow.

So I wondered if you knew a way to speed it up?

Also do you know if the c360 model of the same series would run at the same speed on the thick setting baring in mind this is a faster machine at 36ppm?

JDR
02-10-2016, 12:23 PM
It obviously slows the print speed since thick paper needs a good fusion of toner.
So from 22ppm you going to 11ppm.

In my minds, you can't duplex from 250gsm, so thick 1 or even thick 2 should work.
You can't speed the print up without image quality issues.

jonbonse
02-10-2016, 12:38 PM
It obviously slows the print speed since thick paper needs a good fusion of toner.
So from 22ppm you going to 11ppm.

In my minds, you can't duplex from 250gsm, so thick 1 or even thick 2 should work.
You can't speed the print up without image quality issues.

Thanks

Do you know of a model which can print faster on Thick settings?

JDR
02-10-2016, 12:48 PM
You can gain a little with a C280/360 but clearly not conclusive

jonbonse
02-10-2016, 01:09 PM
You can gain a little with a C280/360 but clearly not conclusive

How about the 45ppm or 55ppm?

Trigger
02-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Tell the guy to buy another C220 that'll double his speed!

KingofMorton
02-10-2016, 07:49 PM
A C8000 will fly for what they need. Granted, there is a little cost to changing to a production machine, but if time is of the essence then what is another $65,000 once all the bells, whistles and taxes are included? This will surely get their 200 pages out 4 minutes faster.

jonbonse
02-10-2016, 08:20 PM
A C8000 will fly for what they need. Granted, there is a little cost to changing to a production machine, but if time is of the essence then what is another $65,000 once all the bells, whistles and taxes are included? This will surely get their 200 pages out 4 minutes faster.

looks like I've hit moron zone....

allan
02-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Really thats your response.

Dear numnut

On thick settings the process speed on the 220 280 and 360 would be the same at 55.5 mm/s.
Did you know the fuser temp can be set separately for different paper weights.
Small adjustments in temp does make a big difference.
Then the same goes for the transfer current that would also be a factor.
Tweek away!

jonbonse
02-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Really thats your response.

Dear numnut

On thick settings the process speed on the 220 280 and 360 would be the same at 55.5 mm/s.
Did you know the fuser temp can be set separately for different paper weights.
Small adjustments in temp does make a big difference.
Then the same goes for the transfer current that would also be a factor.
Tweek away!

Yes allen, it is, I come on here to get professional help with machines, not sarcasm.... But thanks for your response. I am Ricoh trained and just started with the Konicas hence the question.

Yours Numnut!

allan
02-11-2016, 03:18 AM
Hehehe.

The settings should be under.

Service mode -> Machine -> fusing Temp.
And Service mode -> image process adjustment -> Transfer output adjustment ( secondary )

It could possibly work. I have done it before.

Just consider to inform you customer it is an office color machine. And not intended to do all kind of tricks. If you hate yourself get them a RICOH Colour 5560.

emujo
02-11-2016, 04:11 PM
When, as a copier professional (you mention Ricoh), you ask a pretty knowledgeable forum how to force an MFP to run outside of it's normal range you should expect a few sarcastic remarks. Thick modes and duplexing are always going to cut the KMs output speed by more than 50%. My 1st question would have been to the sales staff----Did you guys even ask what media the customer planned to run? From experience, tweaking the fuser/transport speed is only going to lead to more problems. The real fix would, of course, be a faster MFP. Emujo

jonbonse
02-11-2016, 04:29 PM
When, as a copier professional (you mention Ricoh), you ask a pretty knowledgeable forum how to force an MFP to run outside of it's normal range you should expect a few sarcastic remarks. Thick modes and duplexing are always going to cut the KMs output speed by more than 50%. My 1st question would have been to the sales staff----Did you guys even ask what media the customer planned to run? From experience, tweaking the fuser/transport speed is only going to lead to more problems. The real fix would, of course, be a faster MFP. Emujo

Well emojo, I raised the question as there seemed to be some 'user definable' paper type settings available and didn't want to change anything without advise....

I was not looking to 'force' anything.

You mentioned a faster machine so a 45 ppm would run half the speed on thick one setting (22.5ppm) ?

emujo
02-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Correct, the good news is that increased thick modes don't decrease output speed. So on a 554e (55ppm), thick-1-4/duplex, the MFP is now outputting approx. 27 PPM. Duplex would look like around 13-14 PPM at the output tray. In fact I would disregard any mention of duplex as most customers know that even though the paper is outputting slower, there are 2 images. Even the 754e will only be at around 36 ppm in thick mode. (Envelope, post card, and OHP film also slow the MFPs by 50%) Emujo

Custom Search