PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C654 has problems fusing toner to heavy gloss paper.

Custom Search

Darkhelmet
02-10-2016, 04:24 PM
This machine is driving me crazy. It prints fine on anything uncoated, and gloss text. But will not fuse properly on any cardstock weight gloss. Specifically #100 gloss cover is the worst. We have replaced all the imaging units, the fuser, The transfer belt, the black developer unit and roller. I have consulted locally with 2 factory techs and they have never seen anything like this before. It will print a few ok, then one or two with patches of missing toner that end up on the next sheet. and it repeats this over and over again. out of 100 sheets there will be roughly 30 bad ones. It seems like the fuser is losing heat during the run or something. Has anyone here seen anything like this?

Zaryd
12-17-2021, 09:46 AM
Hello
Has anyone come up with a solution to the problem above..
I have a Bizhub c258 which is behaving in the same way. Will print fine for 10 pages and from the 11 page will completly not fuse the image.
I have replaced the fuser unit and adjusted the fuser temperature to 10+ but we still nothing has changed.

Synthohol
12-17-2021, 12:55 PM
not every kind of paper is supported.
see attached guide for certified paper for that model.

emujo2
12-17-2021, 01:35 PM
100# gloss cover =270 GSM..Thick 4 is 250 to 300 gsm. IMHO you are trying to run a production job through a office machine, and there is no telling how the glossy coat is affecting the heating process..You said yourself, uncoated works fine, yet it's still a machine problem???

romario
12-17-2021, 01:46 PM
This machine is driving me crazy. It prints fine on anything uncoated, and gloss text. But will not fuse properly on any cardstock weight gloss. Specifically #100 gloss cover is the worst. We have replaced all the imaging units, the fuser, The transfer belt, the black developer unit and roller. I have consulted locally with 2 factory techs and they have never seen anything like this before. It will print a few ok, then one or two with patches of missing toner that end up on the next sheet. and it repeats this over and over again. out of 100 sheets there will be roughly 30 bad ones. It seems like the fuser is losing heat during the run or something. Has anyone here seen anything like this?

Something similar happened to me with a bizhub c454e, the client put non-compatible toner (generic) to the machine, I had to remove the hopper unit, throw out all the toner, put the original compatible toner, take more than 500 color copies so that the toner that is in the developer change, and solve the problem

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

byronf
12-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Hi Apply the settings below:

1. Service Mode - machine - Thick Paper Interval- change to image quality.

2. Service Mode - System 1 - Warmup - change to Mode 4

3. Administrator - Expert Adjustment -Image stabilization - change to colour priority.

Client needs to run stabilize through Administrator - Expert Adjustment - stabilization - atleast once a day preferably in the morning.

blackcat4866
12-17-2021, 03:51 PM
Hi Apply the settings below:

1. Service Mode - machine - Thick Paper Interval- change to image quality.

2. Service Mode - System 1 - Warmup - change to Mode 4

3. Administrator - Expert Adjustment -Image stabilization - change to colour priority.

Client needs to run stabilize through Administrator - Expert Adjustment - stabilization - atleast once a day preferably in the morning.

In addition, glossy media needs to use a media setting one increment hotter, to fuse to the glossy surface. If you're already using Thick4, the machine just cannot stay hot enough to use this media. What gsm media?

Custom Search