PDA

View Full Version : PF-602 multi-feed detection

Custom Search

andyf424
02-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Has anyone here done the adjustment of the multi-feed detection board on a pf-602? I've got a c1070 with a pf-602 and it's throwing constant 1610 jams. There is not 2 pages at the sensor but it's throwing codes as if there is. I recent replaced the PFU-drive board for an unrelated issue and now this is happening, I'd rather not replace the sensors with out re-calibrating the sensors.

Service manual says

Insert a sheet of paper [1] (part number 65AA995##, fusing adjustment paper, A3 16 sheets) while you turn the knob PF4 [2], and close
the jam processing guides PF2 [3] and PF5 [4]. (you can also use 200 g/m2 to 300 g/m2 paper.) (PF-602m).

Am I supposed to use 16 sheets of 200-300 or just one? I find the engrish on this portion of the manual to be pretty confusing. None of the techs I work with have ever made this adjustment, wondering if any of you folks had some advice.

allan
02-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Not familiar with the PF-602.
I had cases where a layer of paper dust on the ultrasonic sensor would cause the machine to jam.
Its got a send and receive board MFDTBS and MFDTBR.
I would replace those if the problem is not clear.

Can be disabled with DIPSW 19-4 (that is on a C7000)

andyf424
03-02-2016, 10:42 PM
I disabled the multi-feed detection and it ran really well, for a while. Started jamming again so I went and took a look and the multi-feed detection was turned back on. Users say the never mess with any of those settings so, must have changed by itself, magically. Anyways, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try the calibrations even though I find the instructions in the manual to be super confusing.... engrish. Go into service, put one page in and run the adjustment. Then go into I/O check and see if it can determine between 1 page or multiple.

Long story short; After calibrating it, the machine now runs fine from either tray with the MFDB on. When I replaced the PF drive board it must have lost it's settings.

Custom Search