PDA

View Full Version : LS 505 alignment guide problem

Custom Search

Kidaver
02-11-2016, 08:45 PM
The width alignment guides are not moving to the correct position. The only 3 components that affect this area is alignment motor M7, plate home sensor PS12, and the LSCB. I have replaced all 3 and KMBS isn't a lot of help at this point. I'll load a video to show what it's doing in the hopes someone else has seen this or has an idea.

https://youtu.be/BBVlF9bDANg

allan
02-11-2016, 09:03 PM
These units don't seem to be too common and if they go haywire they go bezirk. I had to remove about 2000 squashed papers from one before. It fills the entire cavity inside.

If the unit did more that 5mil then change the solenoids and redo the mechanical adjustments. But probably unrelated.

Does the alignment plates move to a different position if you change the paper orientation?
Change from LEF to SEF.

Where does the staker get its stop position from. The main body?
The theory does not mention PS12 is that a home position sensor?
Firmware???

Kidaver
02-11-2016, 09:11 PM
I flashed new firmware this morning after swapping the LSCB. And yeah PS12 is just the home sensor. The back plate has a tab that blocks it to say where home is. That is the only sensor involved in the whole set up is to tell the alignment plates where home is and then when a job is ran M7 turns a small belt on a pulley which runs to a larger pulley the belt for both alignment guides are on. There isn't much to the entire system at all. It works in I/O mode but when running jobs I've not seen it move to the correct position on either orientation. The customer says that some stacks will come out ok and some misaligned.

allan
02-11-2016, 09:15 PM
Ouch.
Do you have another machine close by. Maby time to take that LS for a trip.
The biggest fear is that the problem is not on the LS.

Kidaver
02-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Nope the machine is an hour away from shop. I don't think they'd let us bring it back and hook up to our C7000 we have here in our printshop. I've got KMBS "researching" it(meaning they have no friggin clue) I'll prolly have to contact our DSM and get him involved. But yeah this one has me stumped.

allan
02-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Well they will have to allow you to do that to figure out if its the LS or main body.

blackcat4866
02-11-2016, 11:47 PM
I don't know if this will help you, but it sounds like you're desperate enough to give it a try.

I had a couple of PRESS 1052's side by side that had the same weird image quality issue. I had replaced every image quality component I could think of with no success. The KM rep spent two days with me, and we still had not made much progress. The most success came from adjusting the transfer belt alignment. At the end of the second day, the idea came up to try importing machine backup data from a different 1052. To my great surprise the original image quality issue was completely gone, but we developed a totally different quality issue. The final fix was to re-import the original machine's export data, then import only the Paper Settings section of the data import. =^..^=

Kidaver
02-12-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't know if this will help you, but it sounds like you're desperate enough to give it a try.

I had a couple of PRESS 1052's side by side that had the same weird image quality issue. I had replaced every image quality component I could think of with no success. The KM rep spent two days with me, and we still had not made much progress. The most success came from adjusting the transfer belt alignment. At the end of the second day, the idea came up to try importing machine backup data from a different 1052. To my great surprise the original image quality issue was completely gone, but we developed a totally different quality issue. The final fix was to re-import the original machine's export data, then import only the Paper Settings section of the data import. =^..^=

I did go into Service Mode and under Finisher Adjustments and do the Recall Standard Data....and as of reading this I just looked in the manual and it says it doesn't restore the Stacker Adjustment. But I did play around with the Stacker adjustments for width which only allows you to adjust for for 2mm(-20 to +20 1 step=0.1mm) and it had no affect on it. The guide plate is about 3 inches away from paper so 2mm adjustment isn't going to help me at all. Also swapping out the LSCB would have affected that as well I would think.

Custom Search