PDA

View Full Version : C454e Jam code 9901 then "Pull out tray and set correct paper size and type"

Custom Search

minimerlin
02-11-2016, 08:49 PM
This particular machine seems to have caught a bug from a C224e that was doing the same thing!
Gives this Jam code J9901 when print or copy jobs or internal prints run from bypass or any of the other two trays. This problem has been reported twice before on the same machine but I could not get it to jam when I visited...now I can! After clearing jam..which happens at random times, machine then displays message telling you to open whatever tray is in use and load correct paper size/type! All feed tyres are good and new, clutches are clean, one way clutches are all turning freely, all sensors clean and tested by IO tests.
Tried to load latest K6 firmware to find it has a missing Bin file..thanks KM. Loaded K4 to find no change.
I wondered if anyone has seen this before as my old grey cells have almost burnt out trying to get my head round why it thinks the paper size is wrong when just copying too...I also tested in duplex mode with still the same problem! To cap it all..Infohub will not take my login tonight!!!:mad:

big jase
02-11-2016, 09:08 PM
This particular machine seems to have caught a bug from a C224e that was doing the same thing!
Gives this Jam code J9901 when print or copy jobs or internal prints run from bypass or any of the other two trays. This problem has been reported twice before on the same machine but I could not get it to jam when I visited...now I can! After clearing jam..which happens at random times, machine then displays message telling you to open whatever tray is in use and load correct paper size/type! All feed tyres are good and new, clutches are clean, one way clutches are all turning freely, all sensors clean and tested by IO tests.
Tried to load latest K6 firmware to find it has a missing Bin file..thanks KM. Loaded K4 to find no change.
I wondered if anyone has seen this before as my old grey cells have almost burnt out trying to get my head round why it thinks the paper size is wrong when just copying too...I also tested in duplex mode with still the same problem! To cap it all..Infohub will not take my login tonight!!!:mad:

try dip sw 145 set to 02 helps with 99-01 process jams

allan
02-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Had the same hair pulling experience. Removed the machine from the customer to the office and the problem magically disappeared.
Gave the customer a brand new machine out of the box and the same thing happend.

The fix for that machine was to realign the 2nd transfer unit and the entire side door.
Thanks Craig.

minimerlin
02-11-2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the fast responses..sad people..lol.

I did set the dip sw but this only works for wrong paper sizes requested by users PC.

I will take a large hammer to the door tho!

Thanks again gents.

Chris.

copyrooks
02-12-2016, 02:35 AM
Try the registration sensor ps1 on the conveyance or clutch cl4. Recently had a machine do j3205 and j9901. The sensor did the trick.

splblazer91
02-12-2016, 05:16 AM
Im having this same issue right now on a 552. Only does it from Tray 3 though. All other trays work fine. Already replaced paper feed assy. The PF Drive board is next i guess.

EarthKmTech
02-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Im having this same issue right now on a 552. Only does it from Tray 3 though. All other trays work fine. Already replaced paper feed assy. The PF Drive board is next i guess.

change the clutch for the pull out transport unit above tray 4, problem will be solved.

splblazer91
02-13-2016, 04:52 AM
change the clutch for the pull out transport unit above tray 4, problem will be solved.

CL3? I cant tell which one it is in the manual.

minimerlin
02-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the fast responses..sad people..lol.

I did set the dip sw but this only works for wrong paper sizes requested by users PC.

I will take a large hammer to the door tho!

Thanks again gents.

Chris.Just an update on this post..I think it is fixed! Finally got time to go back with very latest firmware which made no difference to the fault, which is still intermittent from all trays. Was going to order paper feed motor, as it is common to all the trays, then noticed that the registration actuator was slow to return to rest position! After the usual, KM designed, easy removal of the registration unit I applied a tiny dab of silicone oil to the pivots, and actuator now happy to home! Relubed the reg roller bushes and refitted unit. No jams!
Only time will tell if this is the fix, just thought I would report progress.:)

habik
02-20-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the update Minimerlin.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

giddyupngo
11-11-2016, 09:55 PM

Thanks! I had a bizhub 654 that was jamming constantly on Tray 3, always 99-01 by the 3rd sheet that fed. I pulled out the clutch you mentioned and cleaned it with Tech Spray, and it did 300 sheets straight. The part number is A00JM20000, there is only one in this machine. Difficult to get to, but I was able to get to it through the right side by taking off some covers and moving a sensor. THANKS! Will carry one of these in the future.:D

habik
11-11-2016, 10:38 PM
I've mentioned this in a differetn thread. So hope this will help someone as well since it is from the 990x jam family.

In case you get J9909 on C754 with punch unit installed, make sure you empty the punch box before you try to figure out what causes it. ( I know its engine jam) but that what actually triggers it. Sometimes it pops with Empty Punch Box and sometimes it just jams or subsequently freezes.. Machine is on GD3-K9 in case you wonder what firmware level I have it on.
Hope this helps.

EarthKmTech
11-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Just an update on this post..I think it is fixed! Finally got time to go back with very latest firmware which made no difference to the fault, which is still intermittent from all trays. Was going to order paper feed motor, as it is common to all the trays, then noticed that the registration actuator was slow to return to rest position! After the usual, KM designed, easy removal of the registration unit I applied a tiny dab of silicone oil to the pivots, and actuator now happy to home! Relubed the reg roller bushes and refitted unit. No jams!
Only time will tell if this is the fix, just thought I would report progress.:)

I've had this happen before on a c360 series too. I cant remember what the jam code was but it wasn't 9901. The actuator was intermittently not returning swiftly to home position due to dirt buildup.

Laserbeam
06-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Hello,

yesterday I had exactly the same problem with a bizhub 654e (counter about 800 K).
Only when feeding from tray 3 (all others are working perfectly), after about 200 prints, paper jam occured with code 9901. After removing paper jam, the display show the message "Pull out tray and set correct paper siize and type".
The distances between the paper jams are now getting shorter.
I replaced the 1500-Sheet Paper Feed Assy with a new one, but without any success! The problem is still there.

Is the solution, as described above, clutch CL3, parts no. A00JM2000 :confused:

allan
06-23-2018, 06:03 PM
Try the tray or paper size detection.

Laserbeam
06-24-2018, 08:11 PM
Thank you for your answer allen,
but I do not know exactly what do you mean :confused:
Could you please explain to me, what exaxtly should I have to do?

best regards
Joachim

jonbonse
02-13-2019, 09:56 AM
try dip sw 145 set to 02 helps with 99-01 process jams

Hi I would like to try the dip switch change however a little uncertain on how to do it.

I know how to get there and enter 145 in the switch section however there are 8 or so zeros in the next section.

Can you just clarify how this is done as I don’t want to mess anything up ?

thanks

acusso1234
02-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Hi I would like to try the dip switch change however a little uncertain on how to do it.

I know how to get there and enter 145 in the switch section however there are 8 or so zeros in the next section.

Can you just clarify how this is done as I don’t want to mess anything up ?

thanks
After inputting the 145 go to the last item, enlightening it and press the right arrow.
Input 2 and touch fix. You'll see some of the zeroes became ones.
Exit from service mode and cicle power.

Custom Search