PDA

View Full Version : Filename settings

Custom Search

progoffice
02-16-2016, 06:26 PM
Is there a way to retain a customized filename after it is entered and the document is scanned (at least until it reaches a specified timeout)? I have had multiple customers say their previous machine (Kyocera/Xerox) would keep the same filename present after scanning and they could easily make a few changes to it for the next scan job. The Konica machines revert back to default after each scan. Is there a setting or workaround for this?

habik
02-16-2016, 08:10 PM
Is there a way to retain a customized filename after it is entered and the document is scanned (at least until it reaches a specified timeout)? I have had multiple customers say their previous machine (Kyocera/Xerox) would keep the same filename present after scanning and they could easily make a few changes to it for the next scan job. The Konica machines revert back to default after each scan. Is there a setting or workaround for this?

Edit the filename or any settings for scans in fact and go to Utility > User Settings > Scan Settings > Default Scan Settings > Current Settings. This will save it as you have left it. Bear in mind that if you are using scan to folder FTP or SMB it will usually overwrite the last scanned file. So instead of long sc1234567890.. you will have it saved as Invoice_ and then it is up to the user to change and put in at least a number behind it, or date. Scan to email should be fine. Hope this helps.

progoffice
02-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Thank you for the reply. While I have considered this as an option, I don't think it's what the customer(s) are wanting. With the other models, the filename for the scan and other settings stay put until the reset timer is reached. This allows the user to easily scan similar documents to the same location with only slight changes made to the filename. I was hoping there was a way to do this on the Konica Minolta machines.

kingarthur
02-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Try, Administrator...System settings..Reset Settings..Job Reset..Next Job and change it to "confirm with user", we've had to do this with a few customers who are scanning to the same place..

progoffice
02-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the tip KingArthur. This worked for everything but the filename of the scan. I see the logic both ways. The system is trying to prevent the user from overwriting their previous scan, and the user is trying to save time by not having to enter the entire filename over again if only a few digits are changing. I'm open to any other ideas...

allan
02-17-2016, 07:48 PM
What model of machine is that. the newer machine does have auto rename were it will keep the text and add date and time to your liking.

progoffice
02-17-2016, 10:48 PM
I'm testing on a C454e, but will be needing to set on a C654e. Tell me more about this auto rename setting - it might be just what I'm needing. Ideally what I need is for the name of the file to stay the same after each scan until it gets either reset by the user or a timeout. This will enable the user to make slight changes to the filename before sending another scan to the same location. I've tested all suggestions up to this point and nothing has entirely worked. Thanks for everyone's help!

habik
02-18-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm testing on a C454e, but will be needing to set on a C654e. Tell me more about this auto rename setting - it might be just what I'm needing. Ideally what I need is for the name of the file to stay the same after each scan until it gets either reset by the user or a timeout. This will enable the user to make slight changes to the filename before sending another scan to the same location. I've tested all suggestions up to this point and nothing has entirely worked. Thanks for everyone's help!

Think Allan was refering to this.

OK Google!

Changing the Default Scan Data File Name (http://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id08-0661.html)

allan
02-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Have a look

Let me know if its useful.

Oakleyroyal
04-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Hi progoffice

Did you resolve this? I have an identical situation. Ricohs can be changed in Service mode to delay by 60 secs the previous file name being dumped, I need something similar.

progoffice
04-04-2016, 04:05 PM
I haven't found a workaround for this yet. I think it's just assumed by the manufacturer that every file will need a unique name so it gets reset after every scan. I've tried all suggested workarounds in this post, but none of them get the machine to perform the way the customer was used to on their previous machine.

Custom Search