PDA

View Full Version : C652 with FS526

Custom Search

paulrid
02-19-2016, 02:13 PM
Hi all,

I have a C652 with FS526 finisher which seems to work fine except for the position of the two staples when doing booklets, please see attached example.
All other functions work fine, corner staple, two staple, 2/4 hole punch and Z fold. I have looked for a setting which I didn't really expect to find which controls the spacing but unless I'm being silly I couldn't find.
Have any of you seen this before or know of a cure?

Many thanks Paul.

habik
02-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Give the stapler slider good clean and lubrication.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

allan
02-19-2016, 03:16 PM
Same problem a week ago.

paulrid
02-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Thanks habit I'll try that, Allan did you sort it?
paul.

allan
02-19-2016, 03:45 PM
Yes it goes with an error code. is the finisher coding out??

paulrid
02-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Yes I did have a couple of errors c11xx can't remember but can check logs next time but it would run lots of booklets without error codes but stapled like shown.
paul.

paulrid
02-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Couldn't wait until Monday to try this so I went today and gave it a clean and used some wd40 on the guide but it didn't make any difference. I didn't get any codes today but the codes yesterday were c1151 but what I did have was a couple of james where the paper would try to exit the booklet folder but it was just really creased up.
any other ideas?
in general what do you think of these finishers?

thanks Paul.

allan
02-20-2016, 04:28 PM
If they have work from the installation they are rarely amazing. One did more that 350K booklets.
If its not really used things can get a bit sticky in there. Be patient and clean and inspect as per the manual and it should be working soon enough.

EarthKmTech
02-20-2016, 10:53 PM
extremely common problem with the centre stapler not moving freely and stapling in odd places.

there are 2 not just one shafts that needs to be totally cleaned and re lubricated, left half of stapler has guide shaft visible from the top under the cover and the right side is visible under the plastic cover removable once SD unit pulled all the way out. The right side is often overlooked because it is hidden under the cover.

WD40 is not a permanent solution either, it will provide about 30 seconds of lubrication. I use a very light, clear grease that never dries out or turns sticky. It is not meant for this purpose but it works extremely well. I had 2 fs526's do nothing but booklets all day everyday each racking up 4 million pages in 3 years and only had to do it once each.

habik
02-21-2016, 04:31 AM
Thanks EarthKMtech for expansive and complete instructions. Couldn't recollect the picture! I also used FL oil light Grease used on Canon bubblejet printhead rails. Works magic.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

paulrid
02-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll have another go and follow EarthKMtech instructions.
ill let you know.
thanks Paul.

paulrid
04-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Well after leaving this to one side for a while I went back to it today, after greasing up what I thought was the correct bar it was still doing the same then it hit me, I could lie and not confess but I won't I didn't realise what I was doing was not for the staple head for the booklet (didn't realise there were two) :rolleyes:
after greasing the correct bar it works like a dream ;)
thanks for all the help.
Paul.

paulrid
02-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Hi all,
i'm embarrassed to ask this but I needed to change the staple cartridge on the saddle for this finisher, customer had already taken the cartridge out but no matter what I do I can't get it to see the new cartridge :confused: I even changed the finisher as I think it might have been damaged when the empty one was taken out but I still get the message replace saddle cartridge :mad: tried different cartridges (correct ones) but all the same am I just stupid?
Thanks for anything Paul.

Custom Search