PDA

View Full Version : Konica biz hub 200 black copies

Custom Search

tonerjockey
02-19-2016, 08:44 PM
I know this is a dumb post.solid black copies and prints.sound like a laser our HVPS? It's a far customer and I don't have a parts machine.need some Friday wisdom please.Jim

allan
02-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Its not getting charge on the drum. The charge corona is not making proper contact or the HV is not giving current.
I will take a drum unit and a HV supply.

tonerjockey
02-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Its not getting charge on the drum. The charge corona is not making proper contact or the HV is not giving current.

thank you Allen. i was wondering that. i am so old school, that i know the process so ingrained in my sole of analog. but for some reason, digital theory never really sunk in as to knowing 100% when a copy is all black, all white, etc what exactly is the reason. in analog, black is no exposure. but everything is reversed. so, and i had made some other observations before i left Friday. the scanner is turning, the customer kept inundating me. although a language barrier, that after it kept jamming he repeatedly removed the drum to "wipe" the drum. and clean the pre reg mylar. and after taking it out, blowing with canned air, and shutting the power off 5 times, the copies were black. Hytec tech said, well, try an F-8. i did get the price of the HVPS, but didn't want to order it until the experts here, like you were able to set me strait. and i remember all to well the error ? 1242 or the error for a toner calibration error. so i guess i should also order the developer to have with the drum and HVPS. dont want to have that darn issue also. thank you so much for the advice and information. have a great day. i will let you know the outcome. Jim.

tonerjockey
02-24-2016, 04:44 PM

so, i returned with the drum unit, developer and HVPS. i installed the new drum unit and it was ok. i also did the developer. am sending the power supply back. thank you very much. i was going to take the drum to find out what happened but it was a very long day. i asked the customer if it was dropped during its repeated removals, and he said, no just turned upside down. anyway, thank you very much for the help and advice. i hope you have a very nice day. Jim

Custom Search