PDA

View Full Version : DI551

Custom Search

Bill T.
06-18-2008, 09:00 PM
This copier is kicking my ass. Just did a full pm on it and the first 2k copies came out fine, now the problem I am having on single sided copies the lead edge has tiny spots on it. If you have one piece of paper it is not that noticable but if you stack ,say, 20 or more and then look at the edge instead of it being clean white it is spotted black.
Then when you do two sided, I get the lead edge spots, then on the second side there is slight back ground, not on the whole page but near the rear egde. Very faint. Almost looks like turning down the exposure, but only on the second side.
AARRRGG.

wagon
06-18-2008, 09:55 PM
The problem sounds like it is dropping waste toner - change the recovery blade (in the cleaner unit).

nmfaxman
06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Did you put in a full PM kit or just Dum, blade and DV?
The cleaning seal and brush have to be replace when you change the blade.
The internal heat of the machine makes it curl therefore no longer sealing.
Look for a deposit in the sep corona.

redhotrob
06-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Check the connection on the back end of the toner collect roller that should have been replaced from your pm kit.

wagon
06-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Trust me, it is the recovery blade. I have done stacks of these old dears over the years.

copychef
06-18-2008, 11:14 PM
sounds like maybe one of your coronas are out of place? Recheck your coronas.

ebm
06-19-2008, 02:42 AM
The Konica version of this model (7155,7165,7255,7272) really sucks a**! Can never get Konica machines to run clean (background,speckles,toner spilling out of dv unit on the front and rear of T/S unit). Konica gives some bulls*** about paper dust contaminating the toner when it is recycled and screwing up the developer. If that is the case why the f*** do they recycle toner in their sh**ty machines!?

Only advice I can offer is to lower the toner density using the dipsw's (5-0,1 & 23-2,3) and hope your customers only run text copies.

Bill T.
06-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for all the replys
It was a full blown PM. I am looking in the parts book and the only recovery mylar i see is part of the "collecting roller assy". Is the mylar part of this or is there a diffrent part number.

bgbas
06-19-2008, 11:46 PM
I think Wagon is mistaking the 551, which uses a toner collection roller for the 550 which uses the mylar

Custom Search