PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C3110 won't fax

Custom Search

blackcat4866
02-21-2016, 01:08 AM
This call didn't go exactly how I hoped. The claim was accurate. It would not Tx or Rx, and had not in months.

I thought I'd start with firmware. It seemed to go fine until I booted up to a screen "INITIALIZATION TOTAL RAM 1024MB" ... and then it just stayed that way for a long time. The main firmware had failed/crashed.

So a few days later I return with an MFP board. The book procedure was not entirely successfully. The MFP works but the copy counts were gone. Well, not gone. They had changed to 4,294,967,294 values for all the different counts. That's 4 billion.

Then I noticed that the next increment after 4,294,967,294 is "0", then "1" etc. Once I got a functional MFP I could return to the original problems (yes, 2 problems):

Number 1 problem: since the fax was sharing the line with voice communications, a previous person had changed the number of rings to answer receptions to 5. So in the rare situation that someone does not interrupt the fax communication with "Hello?... ", The senders T1 timer gives up. Thusly, no receptions.

Number 2 problem: Some person selected the Pulse Dialing method in Admin Settings. When going through all the settings line by line first I found the line monitor. Great, now I can listen. And when I dialed I heard "click click click, click click click". Next I found Dialing Method, with the following selections: PB, 10pps, 20pps. None of these choices looks like DTMF (dual tone multi-frequency) or DP (dial pulse). Initially it was set to "10pps". I got the desired result with "PB". The manual has a very nice chart of these choices, with no explanation of the options. Ordinarily this selection is included in the operators guide, so it was a surprise to get "No results found" from Dial Pulse in any of the C3110 manuals. Konica Minolta manuals suck are inferior. =^..^=

Custom Search