PDA

View Full Version : C554e Firmware K8 Update issue

Custom Search

habik
02-23-2016, 01:07 AM
Hello folks,

Have machine that was on G20-K6 and wanted to update to a newer version K8 whilst attending a service call.
Machine just kept getting stuck at SD with NG2, ADF and Scanner updated the rest of the firmware is just looping in Downloading for 1hr or more, tried downgrade to K6 again same issue, tried K2 same issue. Tried different USB stick same issue. Disconnected finisher machine loaded K6 and K8 without problem. Re-connected all connectors on FS535 and left SD512 disconnected. Tried re-flash firmware with K6 all good. Connected SD512 and when re-loading all of the K6 or K8 the same issue of hanging happened. Interestingly enough when decided to go solo with SD update only, no matter if K2,K6 or K8 it flashed the little bastard without a blink.
One thing I noticed though the MFP card check sum and the actual line from Firmware menu in Service or on the listoutput has disappeared.
Luckily machine is working alright, just a peculiar thing which will not let me sleep.

I am completely baffled by this. Has anyone came across similar issue. My last resort will be initializing the machine and the MFP board and start building it up from scratch.

PS: On sidenote, Client has mentioned an issue with prints let say wanted A5 but was coming out on A4 and when rebooted the same job comes fine on A5.

blackcat4866
02-23-2016, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the warning, habik. If I wait another 5 minutes I can load G00-M2 and skip right over the issue. =^..^=

neil greenhough
02-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Hello folks,

Have machine that was on G20-K6 and wanted to update to a newer version K8 whilst attending a service call.
Machine just kept getting stuck at SD with NG2, ADF and Scanner updated the rest of the firmware is just looping in Downloading for 1hr or more, tried downgrade to K6 again same issue, tried K2 same issue. Tried different USB stick same issue. Disconnected finisher machine loaded K6 and K8 without problem. Re-connected all connectors on FS535 and left SD512 disconnected. Tried re-flash firmware with K6 all good. Connected SD512 and when re-loading all of the K6 or K8 the same issue of hanging happened. Interestingly enough when decided to go solo with SD update only, no matter if K2,K6 or K8 it flashed the little bastard without a blink.
One thing I noticed though the MFP card check sum and the actual line from Firmware menu in Service or on the listoutput has disappeared.
Luckily machine is working alright, just a peculiar thing which will not let me sleep.

I am completely baffled by this. Has anyone came across similar issue. My last resort will be initializing the machine and the MFP board and start building it up from scratch.

PS: On sidenote, Client has mentioned an issue with prints let say wanted A5 but was coming out on A4 and when rebooted the same job comes fine on A5.

Hi Habik, Had a similar problem on one of these machines where the controller firmware would fail every time. I solved the problem by inputting the correct machine type at the initial firmware screen. The 554e machine type should be set to 3A. I forget now what the one I went to was set at but it was wrong. Give that a go and see if it helps. Good luck

habik
02-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Hi Neil,

Thank you for that suggestion! I do recall different number compare to service, just didn't remember where I've seen it and SM's says 1/A :) I'll give it a bash on next visit.

Cheers,

Have a nice weekend

Custom Search