PDA

View Full Version : 951 slow print

Custom Search

iceman490
02-26-2016, 02:56 AM
Customer has a 951 that for the last couple of days the printing speed had drastically decreased taking about 10 to.15 mins to spool and print. Screen says warming up. I checked previous threads and turned off fuser pre rotation. Speed is back but quality is way down firmware is up to date. Any suggestions for a good middle ground?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

neil greenhough
02-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Have you checked the fusing lamps and thermistors on all 3 lamps. If a lamp has blown you will get warming up message. How many prints has the machine done? Is the machine serviced and parts fitted when they are due? I look after a lot of these machines and if you don't keep up with them they will fail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

iceman490
02-26-2016, 07:20 PM
I just took the account from another tech and from the history it doesnt look like they were maintained just replaced what ever part had failed I've got everything for the fuser on order besides the lamps and we will go from there

iceman490
03-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Serviced the fuser this morning and no change. Fuser pre rotation off already processed jobs are fine. Fresh spooled jobs are poor fused. Low quality and toner strings everywhere

neil greenhough
03-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Weird fault eh! Have you tried setting up the machine to print from your laptop locally?. Are the print drivers up to date. That is the PCL and PS. The fault seems to be a processing problem. Does the fault occur when printing from a specific app or is it all printing? You can isolate whether it's a machine or network problem with the testing mentioned above. That is if you haven't already tried them. Let me know how you get on.

iceman490
03-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Should have just ordered a new fuser after this nightmare. Besides the regular rollers bearings and sleeves. It took all the thermistors all the thermostats the temp. Control sensor and three new lamps.. Neil you had it right. Even though the lamps didn't die they would not warm up enough... Thank you

neil greenhough
03-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Nice one! Yep they can be a bit pricey to fix but it's still a bit cheaper than a complete unit,. We got one as a spare and it was £1500. No bonus that month!!!

Custom Search