PDA

View Full Version : C550 Washed out Missing Bird on demo page

Custom Search

minoltaed
02-29-2016, 07:29 PM
We have a c550 that is exhibiting some weird quality issue. We have reseated the memory. Half tones look good. Image on transfer belt matches output. Replaced 2nd transfer roller. Swapped drums. Reinstalled firmware. When we print out demo page only half tones exist. Please see attached. Any help, ideas would be appreciated.

minimerlin
02-29-2016, 08:37 PM
What do the CMYK gradation test prints look like?

habik
02-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Try first 1 PC K only halftones.
Then cmyk halftones
Then cmyk gradations
Then list output and scan it and post it here.

A wild guess is Print head or MFPB.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
02-29-2016, 11:09 PM
I'll have to throw in a WAG also. My guess is that your black is completely gone, and the only blacks that you are seeing are composite black, that is: CMY (more like brown than black).

It most likely is black developing, but could be anything to do with the black imaging unit. =^..^=

Tech Helpdesk
03-01-2016, 10:13 AM
We have a c550 that is exhibiting some weird quality issue. We have reseated the memory. Half tones look good. Image on transfer belt matches output. Replaced 2nd transfer roller. Swapped drums. Reinstalled firmware. When we print out demo page only half tones exist. Please see attached. Any help, ideas would be appreciated.

Stick with the basics, do the halftone prints to check image, if the black is non existent change the black IU because these units are known to dump the developer.

EarthKmTech
03-01-2016, 10:25 AM
initialize and stabilize done?

seen this before.

CraigW
03-01-2016, 01:25 PM
initialize and stabilize done?

seen this before.

Had a different KM color machine that was light and reset and stabilize fixed it right up but..... you have to make sure it is not calling for any toners before you perform it.

minoltaed
03-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys. Yes have already done initialize and stabilize. Replaced bk drum. Ended up being the MFP board.

emujo
03-01-2016, 04:39 PM
I was going with "the bird flew back up north for the summer", hope it's not too late. Emujo

Custom Search