PDA

View Full Version : Jamming bizhub c364e jam 32-01

Custom Search

ash_572
03-01-2016, 05:33 PM
hi there

i have a very unusual jam

jam codes are 32-01 and 32-05

this only happens mainly first thing in the morning and when the machine has been idle for some time. the first page will always jam at the fuser entrance or in the exit section. once paper is cleared and reset it wil work perfectly fine until next time it stops being used.

i have checked the konica website to technical bulletins. there is something about replacing sticky sponges on the end of the inverter gate in which i have removed and cleaned but i still get this jam issue.

i have also replaced a fuser unit.

this even jams when you print off a meter reading duplex. paper has been changed. internal finisher is installed.

i have ran out of ideas on this. please help

thanks

copier tech
03-01-2016, 05:40 PM

Seen this loads of times, it is down to damp or poor quality paper, we have 100's of the C284 series in construction site offices.

The is a bulletin about it (attached)

For me the best fix is getting the customer to use 100GSM paper

JDR
03-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Already had this, i have cut the gate spring by half to solve.

copier tech
03-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Cool, good fix 🙂

copyrooks
03-02-2016, 06:49 PM
try replacing the sensor (ps1) on the conveyance section.

neil greenhough
03-02-2016, 07:18 PM
hi there

i have a very unusual jam

jam codes are 32-01 and 32-05

this only happens mainly first thing in the morning and when the machine has been idle for some time. the first page will always jam at the fuser entrance or in the exit section. once paper is cleared and reset it wil work perfectly fine until next time it stops being used.

i have checked the konica website to technical bulletins. there is something about replacing sticky sponges on the end of the inverter gate in which i have removed and cleaned but i still get this jam issue.

i have also replaced a fuser unit.

this even jams when you print off a meter reading duplex. paper has been changed. internal finisher is installed.

i have ran out of ideas on this. please help

thanks
Hi There. Turn down the fusing temperature down by 5 or 10 degrees, this will help reduce paper curl which is the root cause of the problem. Set warm up mode to mode 2 or 3. This will ensure that the fuser temperature is at ready state before printing commences. Hope this helps.

ash_572
03-02-2016, 08:40 PM

is this the gate above the fuser unit? how do you mean cut the gate spring in half?

neil greenhough
03-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Hi there. The gate spring is on the duplex u-turn gate on the exit assembly. It redirects the paper when duplex printing. The spring holds the gate in a neutral position and can be the cause of your problem if the machine jams only in duplex mode. If the machine jams in simplex mode then it I more likely to be a paper versus temperature problem so adjust as mentioned in earlier posts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FixStuff
03-03-2016, 04:03 AM
This has fixed 3201/3205 for me a number of times.

-------------------------------

Article ID: KBA01500433

ErrorJam code 32-01

Root CauseJam code 32-01 occurs only on the first duplexed copy or print.

Workaround/FixCAUSE: Improper movement of the paper exit/reverse switch gate.

SOLUTION: Install a 2mm thick mylar on the frame directly in front of the plunger for the Gate switch solenoid (SD3) as outlined in the illustration below.

JDR
03-03-2016, 07:46 AM
is this the gate above the fuser unit? how do you mean cut the gate spring in half?

the gate in the exit unit, sorry i shoud have precised...
Anyway im agree with neil greenhough

ash_572
03-03-2016, 07:43 PM
thanks for that. will give it ago

neil greenhough
03-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Just another point. You say the machine has a internal finisher fitted. Remove it and test the machine without it. I had one of those "budget" finishers cause the same problem. Customer had not removed a jam correctly and this had thrown out the exit guide gearing on it. Probably not the cause but something worth looking at if the problem persists. Good luck.

jmaister
06-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Make sure theres nothing else on the circuit. Solenoids are current driven device. They want to fire but with insufficient draw they fire half way and the paper end up going to the different path.

jmaister
07-14-2017, 12:45 AM

ErrorJam code 32-01

SOLUTION: Install a 2mm thick mylar on the frame directly in front of the plunger for the Gate switch solenoid (SD3) as outlined in the illustration below.

I have a problem with this work around. Has the new c368 got this fixed because 2 mm is quite thick even for the 4 series. Nevermind fixing the duplex issue the machine will now jam on single copies with the opening that small. What was the real fix for every body? Did anyone have to replace a sensor, board? My paper is good, fuser was replaced, lowering fuser temp was no good. Anyone recall anything?

avecosat
07-14-2017, 11:48 AM
I changed the selenoid and solved

CopierNerd
11-29-2018, 05:01 PM
I changed the solenoid and solved

Replacing the Gate switch solenoid is necessary to fix this issue permanently?
I clean the solenoid and it works for couple of days and after that paper jams again in duplex then i play with it again.
I want permanent fix.
Cutting the spring in half seems good but it will take more energy to pull the plunger when solenoid energizes.

CopierNerd
11-29-2018, 05:10 PM

ErrorJam code 32-01

What will happen if we install mylar right in front of plunger?

SAR
11-30-2018, 03:45 PM
What will happen if we install mylar right in front of plunger?

Don't bother installing that mylar, they have a newer and much better fix for this problem.
Order part #A7PU890800 Holding Part.
This part fits onto the solenoid and will fix the problem.
I will try to post a picture of how the part fits on the solenoid.

CopierNerd
12-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Don't bother installing that mylar, they have a newer and much better fix for this problem.
Order part #A7PU890800 Holding Part.
This part fits onto the solenoid and will fix the problem.
I will try to post a picture of how the part fits on the solenoid.

That looks great! Thank you very much Sir!
can you please provide the reference of the article or bulletin for this fix? and original image of holding part?

SAR
12-03-2018, 01:53 PM
That looks great! Thank you very much Sir!
can you please provide the reference of the article or bulletin for this fix? and original image of holding part?

The tech bulletin number is 11198. You can either order the whole solenoid assembly which has the holding part installed on it, or just order the holding part and put it on the solenoid you have .

Cfrayre
01-29-2019, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=JDR;507606]Already had this, i have cut the gate spring by half to solve.[/QUO.
Good afternoon. I see 2 springs for same gate is it the one next to the solenoid?

Cfrayre
01-29-2019, 05:46 PM
I see 2 springs for the gate. Did you cut the big one next to the solenoid?

spock
01-30-2019, 10:24 AM
I would replace the fusing exit sensor or swap it with another sensor and see if the fault moves. Remove all foam pads from the switchback gate and exit sensor (will just make it a little louder) I have seen them perish and stick.

Also check the exit roller one way clutch as they tend to fail. Could also be the clutch in the fusing drive unit as a worst case, the clutch can rust or have a broken wire. Damp paper is always an issue but I generally see a good curl in it when it outputs or condensation around the fuser area.

Oystercopy
01-31-2019, 02:18 AM

ErrorJam code 32-01

This is what has worked for me on quite a few machines.. in fact, a tech I know wrote this up for KM, I believe...
OC

MVPunisher
01-31-2019, 07:45 PM
This is what has worked for me on quite a few machines.. in fact, a tech I know wrote this up for KM, I believe...
OC

I agree. Install the mylar and you will be fixed. With the amount of used machines we sell, I actually do this procedure before even sending them out now. 95% of the time if I get a 3201 with the paper exiting instead of going to reverse, this will fix it. In rare occasion I have had to replace solenoid. I have used the cut spring method, but I feel like the symptoms were different in that case. Like it was running into the gate or something.

borg18
04-25-2020, 12:11 PM
c364 is the same machine as c224e so: you can also cut the spring, or as a colleague wrote earlier, stick the tape to the wall, but this is a temporary solution, it is best to cut the spring or buy a new one, full solution is here: Zacięcie 32-01 bizhub c224e w duplexie - programy.net.pl (https://programy.net.pl/artykul,zaciecie-32-01-bizhub-c224e-w-duplexie,28.html)

Remember if jams doing ony in duplex so them You must buy new spring pn: A161892100

copytech,mike
01-27-2022, 07:09 PM
Replacing the Gate switch solenoid is necessary to fix this issue permanently?
I clean the solenoid and it works for couple of days and after that paper jams again in duplex then i play with it again.
I want permanent fix.
Cutting the spring in half seems good but it will take more energy to pull the plunger when solenoid energizes.

I wouldnt go cutting any springs in half.

iraklis7302
03-21-2022, 12:59 AM
Hi there. The gate spring is on the duplex u-turn gate on the exit assembly. It redirects the paper when duplex printing. The spring holds the gate in a neutral position and can be the cause of your problem if the machine jams only in duplex mode. If the machine jams in simplex mode then it I more likely to be a paper versus temperature problem so adjust as mentioned in earlier posts.

could you please send a photo with this gate spring?

Custom Search