PDA

View Full Version : hi mileage BH601..drum unit wont pull out!

Custom Search

bronco31
03-04-2016, 05:53 AM
at 2, 3 or 4 million.. im getting these Bizhubs with drum units that are super hard to pull out..
any body have a solution?

SmellsHot
03-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Remove all the screws :o
Never heard of one with that issue. You have the two screws and the drive coupling screw and lock. It should just come out after that. The drum connector and the coupling are the only things holding the unit in place.

emujo
03-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Assuming all the screws are out, then it may be the bearing inner race seizing on the drum shaft, Also have seen developer dropping into the metal guides cause some snagging issues. But that's all there is, shaft and guides on both sides. If you are seeing the drum unit slide partially out then hit a hard stop, then it may be the developer unit or the charge corona is a little out of position. I usually had issues getting the assy to slide back in place correctly on some of the ancient devices. Emujo

bronco31
03-04-2016, 03:43 PM
yes it must be bound, the drum on the shaft or the bearing in back into the drum carriage circle...
probably the shaft... (Katun drum.. maybe the tolerance isnt accurate as an OEM Konica drum)

you guys have all have a great weekend!

EarthKmTech
03-04-2016, 08:51 PM
I've had it before when I worked at a dealer and used katun drums too.

I don't remember how we got it out in the end but i think it required destructive percussive persuasion.

Maybe apply some anti seize to the shaft in future? (as long as it does not interfere with drum grounding)

allan
03-04-2016, 10:37 PM
The rear plastic flange even on original drums will skew and cause the unit to stick to the bearing. Cross your fingers get someone to keep the machine from moving and use your weight to yank it out.
Feels wrong but it works.
Also stop yourself from flying backwards or land on your ass.

havokprod
03-05-2016, 12:25 AM
I've seen burr's on the drum shaft.... once you get it out, file down the burr's.

blackcat4866
03-05-2016, 01:02 AM
On the high volume Toshy color MFPs the drum shafts stick in the rear drum bearing(s). We use conductive grease on the shafts, and it cures it...

... once you get the imaging unit out. I've had both feet up against the front frame, and jerked with all my might ... and it didn't budge. If you can get to the front end of the drum shaft(s), gently tap on the end of the drum shaft to encourage it to let go. =^..^=

bronco31
03-07-2016, 01:47 AM
i had to ask a tech from another company to help out and he got it out and aid he sanded down the front flange area where he believes it binds..... so there you have it!
(would of liked to have seen his technique on pulling that unit out cause i gave it my all and it wasnt budging!)

allan
03-07-2016, 05:14 AM
On the high volume Toshy color MFPs the drum shafts stick in the rear drum bearing(s). We use conductive grease on the shafts, and it cures it...

... once you get the imaging unit out. I've had both feet up against the front frame, and jerked with all my might ... and it didn't budge. If you can get to the front end of the drum shaft(s), gently tap on the end of the drum shaft to encourage it to let go. =^..^=

Yea you would be able to get a nice sized bolt onto the shaft. Never quite had the right tools with me for trying that. should work like a charm to knock it on the shaft.

antone
03-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Are you using OEM drums

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Raymann
09-07-2017, 11:39 PM
I am having this issue. I removed the image cover and two screws but cant slide the image unit out. Seems like I am missing a step. I did not want to pry it out before I asked a Minolta tec if I missed something. I rnr the developer last year on this same machine but now It seems stuck.

antone
09-08-2017, 12:31 AM
If you use a non OEM...drum.this may happen!!...Try pushing it out with the by pass unit out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Raymann
09-12-2017, 07:17 PM
:pOK now that I removed the screw on the drum shaft....................it comes out nice. cant remember any machine that has a screw there. once you see it duh but sneaky...

Custom Search