PDA

View Full Version : TA 6500i lines from MC roller

Custom Search

MFPTech
03-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone
Have a reoccurring problem on a TA 6500i - lines from the MC roller. Cleaned it a couple of times and even replaced it with a new one but it's still making lines.
The firmware is up to date and the PM Kit has been done.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance !

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

jhalfhide
03-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Can they really be from the MC if you've replaced it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFPTech
03-04-2016, 10:18 PM
I can see the lines on the roller, i clean the roller and the lines go away immediately but only for a while ... then they come back again... in a few days

jhalfhide
03-04-2016, 10:28 PM
How long before the new roller got the lines? They score marks from something foreign in the drum/Dev unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
03-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Cleaning is not always a long term solution. If you've worked on many Kyocera's you'll know that this is a regular maintenance part that rarely makes the yield. Especially watch for lumpy primary charge rollers. They'll get "spider' shaped discharge marks that can be seen on the images, and return quickly.

High volume machines generally get a better yield than low volume units, but never 600K. =^..^=

MFPTech
03-05-2016, 01:06 AM
I got lines 2 weeks after replacing the MC roller and now i am going to replace the entire Drum unit to resolve the issue. .. for another 200 k maybe?

eddie110171
03-05-2016, 09:38 PM
I've had issues like this when the toner duct gets clogged. This unit is different from previous models. It uses a fan to suck toner from DV and drum area. Try cleaning the toner filter and ducts. There is a plastic cover on the left side that looks like a fan cover it is behind the 2nd cover down. It clips on and is usually full of toner. Take off the attachment from the vacuum and use the round part of the hose and it will clear all the way to the DV. This should be cleaned at least every 300k. If it gets clogged toner goes everywhere. I believe there is a good article on it in the trouble shooting guide. Hope this helps. Ed

blackcat4866
03-05-2016, 09:43 PM
That makes perfect sense, eddie. Thanks.

Custom Search