PDA

View Full Version : ADF Open Message

Custom Search

M3HR4N
03-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Hi guys.
I have a C550 and when i want to use ADF it says 'the part indicated by [arrow] is open'. I had this problem before and it was for msposition of ADF on scan. But in this machine i changed everything you name it, from MPF to PRCB and even all scan boards. Nothing changed, it driving me nuts.
Any suggestion plz?

copier tech
03-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Check the actuator on the DF original tray is not broken off or bent out of position

M3HR4N
03-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Check the actuator on the DF original tray is not broken off or bent out of position
Thanks but i forgot to mention that, i changed the ADF with a new one with no luck.

Synthohol
03-08-2016, 12:13 AM
check the reed switch under the plastic under the magnet from the feeder.

subaro
03-09-2016, 02:04 AM
check the reed switch under the plastic under the magnet from the feeder.

Yes, the above is correct. I downloaded the sm for this machine and saw the answer there. I don't service minolta, but was curious why no replied as to this switch. If he swapped out adf then in my thoughts had to be the adf connectors as he had replaced the boards also. Now, he replaced everything and it was driving him nuts. If only he had looked at the service manual first, it would have been an easy fix and bet you 99.9 its the reed switch.
panasonic small mfp dp-190 has a similar design and if you don't like to look at service manuals you pay.

The reed switch is not on the adf, but on the front of the scanner, under the cover i am guessing. there is the magnet on the front underside of the adf, that when closed engages the reed switch to open or close position according to the design.

M3HR4N
03-09-2016, 05:52 AM
Yes that was exactly the problem and i fixed it yesterday by replacing that switch. I did not know there is such switch under the cover.
Thank you very much my friends.

Sent from my LG-P715 using Tapatalk

Custom Search