PDA

View Full Version : C552 with C2204 - different machine same error diff headache

Custom Search

Sam Tofu
03-08-2016, 04:32 PM
With different machine same model same code, we have narrowed down this problem to the waste toner delivery drive assembly .

(About a year ago went through real head scratcher with this. error For ref here is link
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/72178-c552-odd-issue-error-c-2204-a.html
It did end up being waste box/sensor related.)

HERE is issue now. On the last series of posts,, Earth KM Tech mentioned that this assembly is really easy to take out once the left side is off. Nothing in manual regarding taking out. I and the other Konica Tech are pretty able to just do whatever HOWEVER after taking a number of screw of, disconnecting a number of cables, and taking off the gear coupling connections from the from, I am just not seeing how this is just a few screws and comes out really easily. I am hesitant to just keep digging in further on this as EarthKM Tech mentioned it was just a few screws and real easy to pull.

Any further info suggestions, tips etc would be great.
TIA

emujo
03-08-2016, 05:30 PM
The assy comes out pretty easily if you use a prybar to pull down the sheet metal about 1/2 inch or so. I'm not saying to warp it so that it is now such a mess that you cant get the covers back on, just pry it down a bit. And yes, there are no instruction on how to properly remove this...Same thing on the C353 series when you had to pull the waste toner augers out to clean the clumps out, and on a C360, how to replace the HV connectors that are mounted from the inside of the rear frame. Good times!! KM is very lacking in some of their manuals. Emujo

Sam Tofu
03-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Thanks. That helps.
One other question re this.
Developer seeped out from the cleaning auger down into into the gears around the motor.. Motor has torque, gear are good - if clean our the waste delivery pipe, works ok for a bit. We have remedied the initial cause of the dv leak and belt is good.
So our thoughts are that the gear and various areas of the delivery drive just need a really goo cleaning/blowing out etc.
Thoughts?? Thanks agian for reply!!!

Custom Search