PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with a SD - 511 folder.

Custom Search

michael_braunstein
03-10-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm currently working on a troubled SD-511 booklet folder for the FS-534 finisher. The finisher is connected to a Bizhub C754. It seems like the folder has a timing issue with the tri-fold knife assy. It makes a movement driving by the Tri-fold knife motor even when making half fold or booklet fold and thus gets in the paper path or just drives in the nip of the tri-fold rollers and causes a loud drive noise. Tri-Folding doesn't work at all and if I take out the Tri-Fold Knife assy., The Half fold and booklet fold work perfectly.I noticed that the timing of this roller with the respect to the drive gear which has the timing home position tab with the tri-fold knife assy. itself can be moved if a bad enough crash happens. There is no info in the service manual or accessories about this adjustment. Is anyone aware of any bulletins or firmware or any additional information on this SD-511 ? Thanks

Synthohol
03-10-2016, 08:40 PM
If the half fold and trifold knives engage at the same time it may be as simple as cutting the zipties off the harnesses
I would try a freah copy of firmware but it sounds like either a logic problem engaging 2 motors at once or a short that makes them both turn.

Custom Search