PDA

View Full Version : Konica C280 error P-21

Custom Search

jonbonse
03-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Hi all

As a Ricoh engineer, I'm steadily learning the Konica machines and have a C280 which presents error P-21.

I understand this is an ID read error of the calibration patches on the transfer belt.

This machine had a yellow colour alignment issue which I managed to resolve (more or less) by adjusting the yellow registration in expert adjustment.

Im not totally satisfied that colour reg is the best it can be as I've never had to manually adjust on these.

I have swapped the transfer belt with a used belt and run image stabilisation and gradation.

I have cleaned both ID sensors and swapped the drums round and also reset the drums with reset chips.

Solid colour prints from service mode ensure me that the drums and devs are fine, nice and solid....

I have cleaned the laser windows with the white sticks under the drums.....

Im at a loose end now and have ordered a brand new transfer belt but wanted to see if anyone could help or share their experiences with this error?

Many thanks

copier tech
03-10-2016, 08:11 PM
This is usually caused by a worn ITB unit or dirty ID sensors, also drums past life can cause this.
After you have replaced the new ITB unit run initialise+gradation.

You can have a P-21 error & it not cause any real problems, however it does require you or the user to run a regular gradation adjustment.

allan
03-11-2016, 03:31 AM
Coming from RICOH color machines these C280 machines are a joy to work on.

Check in service mode under State Confirmation system 1 what the IDC values are.
There is two sensors to check the patches 2 colors on each side.
If those values are not the same IDC1 and IDC2 the belt could be bad on one side.

Under system 2 you can see the bare surface reflective values of the belt.
If you don't get a the right value under system 2 the sensor shutter could be faulty.

jonbonse
03-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Coming from RICOH color machines these C280 machines are a joy to work on.

Check in service mode under State Confirmation system 1 what the IDC values are.
There is two sensors to check the patches 2 colors on each side.
If those values are not the same IDC1 and IDC2 the belt could be bad on one side.

Under system 2 you can see the bare surface reflective values of the belt.
If you don't get a the right value under system 2 the sensor shutter could be faulty.

Thanks!

Under State Confirmation, Level History 1, IDC1 value is 1.62v and IDC2 is 2.91v. I hear the shutter open as I press enter.

In Level History 2, IDC Sensor Adjust 1 and 2 are both 255. . . . (pics attached)3218032181

allan
03-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Is the transfer belt a matt color on the sides .

jonbonse
03-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Is the transfer belt a matt color on the sides .

Not too sure what Matt colour is but have included pics. . . .321853218632187

mo0651
03-11-2016, 10:56 PM
We had a brand new transferbelt cause this error, if you have one to swap I would try it.

JR2ALTA
03-11-2016, 11:37 PM
are we talking about an oil can error?? IGNORE IT!

jonbonse
03-12-2016, 07:27 AM
are we talking about an oil can error?? IGNORE IT!

Unfortunately can't as the colour misalignment has returned!

allan
03-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Not too sure what Matt colour is but have included pics. . . .321853218632187

Does that yellowish color on the left could cause your problem. Does that wipe of with a cloth?
I think a new ITB will fix your problem.
How many prints on it??

jonbonse
03-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Does that yellowish color on the left could cause your problem. Does that wipe of with a cloth?
I think a new ITB will fix your problem.
How many prints on it??

No it won't clean off.... It's done 367k.......

i I have a new ITB on order for delivery Monday so I hope it does the trick!

allan
03-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Have you changed development units yet. When last did you change drums? There is something shady about that yellow.

jonbonse
03-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Have you changed development units yet. When last did you change drums? There is something shady about that yellow.

I haven't replaced the devs but had them all out and don't look too bad....(pic of yellow attached)

I have tried swapping the drums and have reset the chips.....

3boydad
03-13-2016, 05:58 PM
are you getting this by touching the oil can icon? which it sounds like. it's just to run drums past counters. ignore it.

jonbonse
03-13-2016, 06:10 PM
are you getting this by touching the oil can icon? which it sounds like. it's just to run drums past counters. ignore it.

yes but the colour reg is out now.....

Synthohol
03-13-2016, 11:31 PM
try this...
; "> 1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch these keys in this order:
[Machine] → [Skew adjustment] → [Print Head Skew Reset].
3. Touch the start key and execute the Print Head Skew Reset.
if the shutter works and the IDC sensor is reading the proper patches this might work for you.
also is the machine up to date with firmware?
G00-D2 is the latest.

allan
03-14-2016, 12:02 AM

try this...
; "> 1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch these keys in this order:
[Machine] → [Skew adjustment] → [Print Head Skew Reset].
3. Touch the start key and execute the Print Head Skew Reset.
if the shutter works and the IDC sensor is reading the proper patches this might work for you.
also is the machine up to date with firmware?
G00-D2 is the latest.

Life codes starts with L like L-4.

Skew adjustment will only work if the machine can read the patch. Currently his machine is not reading the patch because the patch is camouflaged in yellow.

That dev tank should be ok.

Custom Search