PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta. Bizhub C452 network printer offline problem

Custom Search

parsmehregan
03-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Hi,
In on of client's local network there are two Konica MFP, Bizhub C452 & Bizhub C552. Both of them were installed correctly on the main system with Windows 7-64bit operating system.copy ,print and scan worked fine.but after a while on of the MFP machines,C452 had some issues with printing, and doesn't print documents and if restarting the system it runs the previous print command if it hasn't been canceled before restarting.
and finally doesn't print at all after a while!
in print management , queue status shows offline the printer.other functions works well and I did replacing driver ,IP ,turn machine on and off ...
didn't solve the problem.
The interesting matter is that the other machine(Bizhub C552) works well,so from the web setting I compared all setting for both machine and make both equal (they were almost the same).

I tried to install the Bizhub C452 on one of network system directly ended with same problem : it installed correctly but shows offline ,so i suppose it may not be operating system issue.

So if you have any experience with similar issues or know the solution ,that would be great if share it with us.
Thanks

mo0651
03-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Have you isolated the machine with a laptop and crossover, or a switch? to see if it is machine. may be a port on their switch? Have you pinged the machine for any IP conflicts?

copyrooks
03-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Check service mode for error codes that might have reset the copier.

parsmehregan
03-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Have you isolated the machine with a laptop and crossover, or a switch? to see if it is machine. may be a port on their switch? Have you pinged the machine for any IP conflicts?
I didn't check the machine with crossover cable ,but I pinged machine and server separately with no conflicts.I'll check connection with crossover cable .
Also I've ran into some solutions about SNMP settings.It suggested to disable this function and see if it works!

Mr Spock
03-10-2016, 11:56 PM
Turn off snmp and set the network card to 100 full duplex not auto negotiate and see if that works.

parsmehregan
03-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Check service mode for error codes that might have reset the copier.

I asked the client if he accidentally reset the machine in administrator mode,...negative.
but I'll check the error codes.
thanks

Albonline
03-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Turn off snmp and set the network card to 100 full duplex not auto negotiate and see if that works.

What he said!

emujo
03-11-2016, 07:34 PM
This issue is almost always related to SNMP..I would not turn the feature off, but look more into the customer's network to see if the default SNMP read/write values are anything but pubic/private. You may also want to go into PSCW and verify the defaults have not been changed here. The MFP and the network must match in order fro the driver to communicate properly and pull the config. I'm not sure about the C452, as this is a little older, but I would look at the 2 MFPs and check the function version level. If they are different, then you will need to use the proper drivers. We see this a lot in the e series MFPs..MFP at version 3, and drivers at ver 5.x. Configuration never pulls. This is a problem especially when authenticating. When all else fails, jot everything down and perform a network initialization. Sometimes the slightest bit of corrupt port settings/SSL certs, etc don't really manifest at the copier level, but can add up when utilizing the network functions. Emujo

peter42
03-11-2016, 09:14 PM
have really notebook with crossover cable connect to machine.
i had so many trouble with old networks and the 1000/100/10 automatic in KM-machines.
print works, scan fails, otherwise PS-Print fails, PCL was fine.
Sometimes a desktop-switch helps, sometimes not, its mostly old CAT5 cabling not Gbit certified.

Its not a joke, try first the small way between system and customers PC.
A 5 port switch and two patch-lines out of your help-box.

If that works than you are out of any trouble search, your job is done, instead you are also the IT-Distri. ;-)

EarthKmTech
03-12-2016, 05:48 AM
have really notebook with crossover cable connect to machine.
i had so many trouble with old networks and the 1000/100/10 automatic in KM-machines.
print works, scan fails, otherwise PS-Print fails, PCL was fine.
Sometimes a desktop-switch helps, sometimes not, its mostly old CAT5 cabling not Gbit certified.

Its not a joke, try first the small way between system and customers PC.
A 5 port switch and two patch-lines out of your help-box.

If that works than you are out of any trouble search, your job is done, instead you are also the IT-Distri. ;-)

We had a site full of C652's dropping off the network and tried absolutely everything, what you say is correct about putting a small switch in between the machine and the network - it solved it there too.

parsmehregan
03-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Well,as it turned out SNMP (simple Network Management Protocol) was reason for making one of MFP shows offline in windows 7-64bit.
in the properties page,port ,Configure port ..just uncheck the SNMP and the printer will be online again.

As you may know SNMP is a way of getting information from network devices (such as routers, servers and printers), mainly for the purposes of finding out if there are any problems with the devices. A number of networked printers implement SNMP, and will respond to SNMP queries with information, but some don’t.
what is unclear about this ,is why another bizhub C552 has SNMP checked and works properly , but the other one could not communicate with this protocol !!
I even disconnected bizhub C552 from network and restart system in order to find out if the presenting two of them makes this conflicts but still C452 shows offline when SNMP is active.

So still looking for the reason , but the issue is solved!
Thanks

Custom Search