PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 3320

Custom Search

Imsdal
03-14-2016, 08:43 AM
Hello there.

I have this issue with a bizhub 3320. My customer just want to use the machine as a fax and copy function but I get this message on the display.
"SMT- is not installed", call the admin. I know you can turn off this function but I canīt find it, doesnīt any body know how to do it? I know you can make up a number and just put it in the machine, but I would like to know how to shut down that option.

Sincererly

Imsdal

Synthohol
03-14-2016, 12:43 PM
thats probably SMTP setup for scan to email.
if you log into the copier's web page as admin, you can turn SMTP off under email settings.

Imsdal
03-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Hi.

When you are installing this machine from the start you have some questions suchs as country, language etc.
When you get where it show what do you want show on you start screen there is where you make this choice if you want copy, fax, email or ftp.
So if I donīt want that message on the screen saying "SMT is not installed", just dont choose that option "email" and the message wont show on the screen, but be alert when you make this choice you canīt choose it back so it can show on the start screen again (strange).
If you want that option in your start screen again you have to do a reconfiguration under settings and the machine will start from scratch.
I hope you can understand what I mean. If anybody else have a better solution let me know.
When you install this machine you have to ask the customer if he wants Fax, Email and all that before making choices.

Cheers

Imsdal

copier addict
03-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi.

When you are installing this machine from the start you have some questions suchs as country, language etc.
When you get where it show what do you want show on you start screen there is where you make this choice if you want copy, fax, email or ftp.
So if I donīt want that message on the screen saying "SMT is not installed", just dont choose that option "email" and the message wont show on the screen, but be alert when you make this choice you canīt choose it back so it can show on the start screen again (strange).
If you want that option in your start screen again you have to do a reconfiguration under settings and the machine will start from scratch.
I hope you can understand what I mean. If anybody else have a better solution let me know.
When you install this machine you have to ask the customer if he wants Fax, Email and all that before making choices.

Cheers

Imsdal

Did you use the solution you were given by Synthohol?

Choclit007
06-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Put any IP address into the SMTP field and the message goes away
ie 1.1.1.1

Custom Search