PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 501/DF613 size settings

Custom Search

fixthecopier
03-15-2016, 12:36 AM
I think I created this issue and can't recover. The machine has 1.6 million prints and customer was having some ADF jams. I replaced the reverse roller and the sep roller. I also went into tech mode and did a sensor adjust for the adf sensors. Problem was that I hit the initialize and adjust button instead of just adjust. Now my original size is defaulted to metric. When I go in to reset the size with the 11x17 paper, I can't get a ready start button to set the size. When I back out of the settings, it will show a false jam at the entrance. When I adjusted the sensors, sensor 2 failed. Are the 2 connected? It was actually running when I got there, then it became a Monday .

JR2ALTA
03-15-2016, 12:52 AM
This is weird. Sounds like two issues. First the metric, second the jam.

I always corrected the metric setting by running the Width min/max adjustment. If I recall you set the max width with 11inches and the min with 5.5 (or letter folded over).

But you may not be able to since a sensor is being tripped. That must have been a physical mistake you made when replacing the rollers. Obviously I'd say to look for an actuator or sensor that got dislodged. But you must gone through it a hundred times.

When you say you did sensor adjust are you referring to the A4 test chart that comes with new machines?

Synthohol
03-15-2016, 12:59 AM
you did it right if you did this...
10.8.8 Sensor Auto Adjust
This adjustment is made when an erroneous detection occurs with the reflective sensor, or after the DF control
board (DFCB) and each of the reflective sensors are replaced. Conducting this adjustment backs up the sensitivity value of each of the reflective sensors to RAM in DFCB.
Prearrangement
• Clean each of the reflective sensors of DF.
Note
• After conducting [Initialization + Auto Adjust], the value of the original size VR (VR1) is reset. Be
sure to conduct [Original Size Adjustment].
A. Procedure
1. "Service Mode screen"
Press [ADF].
2. "ADF Adjustment screen"
Press [Sensor Auto Adjust].
3. "ADF Sendor Adjustment screen"
Press [Initialize And Sensor Auto Adj.] or [ADF Sensor Auto Adj.].
4. Press the Start key.
Check the check results, the initialization, and the sensors 1 to 4 to see if they are "OK."
5. Press [END].

hope this helps get things "back" into US sizes. :)
10.8.5 Original Size Adj.
This adjustment is made when the original size detection does not function properly at DF.
A. Procedure
1. "Service Mode screen"
Press [ADF].
Press [Resist Loop Adj.].
3. "Resist Loop Adj. screen"
Press [1-Sided] or [2-Sided] to select the mode.
4. Press [Test Copy].
5. Select paper according to the item selected at step 3. Set A3 (for metric) or 11 x 17 (for inch) original that
is used more frequently set to DF and press the Start key.
6. Press [END].
Return to the registration loop amount adjustment screen.
7. "Resist Loop Adj. screen"
Enter a value through the [+]/[–] or numeric keys and press [Setting].
Setting range: – 5.0 (smaller) to + 5.0 mm (larger)
1 step = 0.5 mm
8. Repeat steps 5 to 7 until it becomes appropriate.
9. Repeat steps 3 to 8 for each mode.
10. Press [OK].
1. "Service Mode screen"
Press [ADF].
Press [Original Size Adj.].
3. "Original Size Adj. screen"
Press [Max. Width].
4. With A3 (for metric) or 11 x 17 (for inch) paper set to DF, press the Start key.
5. Check to see if the result is OK.
6. Press [Min. Width].
7. With B6S (for metric) or 5.5 x 8.5S (for inch) size paper set to DF, press the Start key.
8. Check to see if the result is "OK".
9. Press [OK].

fixthecopier
03-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Brief update. I m on site. Changed sensors and then board on adf, did not fix anything. Swapped adf. Did size adj and it worked, false jam was gone. After the first sheet went through, I put more paper to test feed, and then it went back to metric. I ask customer to switch to a4 paper but they said no. KMBS tech support is on the line and stumped, nothing new.

fixthecopier
03-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Did the size adjustment the way you do it for the 250/350 and it stuck. The service manual is wrong, wrong, wrong!

Custom Search