PDA

View Full Version : What calibrations to run on CF8050 / CF5001

Custom Search

kanini
06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi all!
I finally got my used CF8050/CF5001, and it looks great! I have now cleaned everything from coronas to inside and outside, and is ready to set it up properly after the transport. The seller is sending me the service manual, but before I get it, I wanted to know what calibrations to run and things to set up from 36 mode after cleaning etc. on this machine. It is under the "process settings", but wich ones? Now I only get the error codes in normal mode indicating that it needs to be set up/calibrated etc. I have read the "half" service manual that describes the operations and parts, so I'm familiar with that. Any help is very much appreciated, since I'm excited to try it out!
Test pages from the 36 mode comes out with no problem, and all looks great. Thanks a lot in advance!!

JSC
06-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Hope this helps. it,s a bit longwinded and when your up and running you don,t have to recall standard data, or carry out all the adjustments.

kanini
06-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks a lot! That's just the perfect guide to the first adjustments and settings!! Also got the main service manual now, but this one that you uploaded JSC, is really really great! Thank you very much! :D

tonyligz
06-23-2008, 04:13 PM
JCS guy:
Thanks for you uploaded C8050 adjustment manual.but I will need BIZHUB PRO C6500 adjustment process manual .I hope you can help me .Thank you very much!

kanini
06-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi all! I've done some of the calibrations mentioned in the manual JSC uploaded, but some of them didn't go trough due to an "error 2" or sometimes "error 1" in the automatic color adj. Therefore the manual color adj. didn't run correctly either(?) Now the machine is running and doesn't complain/alert about anything, but the output seems to demand a bit of adjustment =) It is a dark greyish page that comes out, both from copier and printer, and it looks like the attatched image.
The bottom is quite fine, but the top of the page is really dark, sort of a gradient dark grey.

I'll try tonight with more adjustments and further reading, but if you have any clues or suggestions, feel free to trow them out! Thanks a lot for all the contributions! Have a nice day!

kanini
06-25-2008, 07:34 AM
I have now cleaned everything (I think) once again inside, belt, drums, coronas, color reg. sensors etc., and put it all back together. Machine won't start normally, gives various SC29-01 or SC29-02 code > shutdown. I recalled the standard data from all of the settings in 36 mode, but that was probably stupid =)

When trying to run process adjustments or image quality adjustments/calibrations from 36 mode, I keep getting the same SC29-xx error codes "Switch off and call for service" from some of the calibrations I want to run. I have tried to run the calibrations/set up that stated in the manual above, but for example the L-adjustment, gamma adjustment, auto color registration, drum adjustments etc. etc. gives different SC29-xx error codes. Where could I start to look/clean/calibrate further, and in what order? The color registration sensors was my first tought, but they seem to be OK? :confused:

In adjustment mode, the test pages now looks fine, so the previous greyish/dark page problem has disappeared with the last cleaning session.

Thanks very much for all your help!

random
06-25-2008, 12:12 PM
29-01 is related to magenta transfer current being abnormal. Can't say I have had this before but I guess you need to be looking at the transfer belt or process section to make sure it is seated properly.

kanini
06-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi again!

Thanks for the reply random! Also, the SC27-02 occurs when I for example take the L inital adjustment. I checked the position of all drums and the transfer belt and it seems right and clean and so on. I'll be happy to try anything more to get this one running! :p
Thank you anyway for your reply!!

Haroldbfix
06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I would recommend a full 100K & 200K PM. Then redo all your adjustments. That model will give a variety of codes when the supplies are past their yield. I would stay away form the manual color registration adjustment and just run the automatic one.

lucky13
06-26-2008, 06:21 AM
here you can search these SUPPORT SOLUTIONS bulletins but i will have to agree with Haroldbfix you should start off with a 100K + 200K 4 drums and all CMYK developer . good luck

kanini
06-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi! Thanks very much for the replies, maybe a PM kit wouldn't be a bad idea, I'll first just have to check how much they've printed since the last PM. The PM icone doesn't show up on the screen, but maybe it's time for it anyway. Thanks a lot again for the support on this one, and thanks also for the support&solutions bulletin, very helpful!! :D

tonyligz
06-26-2008, 03:52 PM
I want to need BIZHUB C6500 adjustment color manual ,please help me !!!

Custom Search