PDA

View Full Version : Electrical power on external vending device Bizhub c308

Custom Search

Sharptech56
03-16-2016, 01:00 AM
I have a new install at a Library . I had this Jamex 6557 installed on a Sharp MX-2615N and it worked fine.
Installed a Bizhub C308 and every other day it says" power on external vending device". The customer
has to unplug the coin box and replug it . I have tried firmware turned off power save and added
surge protection called both Jamex and Konica Minolta but no luck . Any ideas what to try next ?

Iowatech
03-16-2016, 01:46 AM
Check for loose connections in the coin box, especially with the cable that interfaces with the MFP. There's a chance that something inside it got knocked out of place during the MFD swap.
It probably would be a good idea to check that the signal from the coin box is what that MFD expects. New machines from different manufacturers sometimes have different requirements.
Beyond that, I'm not sure. I used to have decent experience with external controllers, but that was with ACDI stuff.

Sharptech56
03-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Thanks I will check those things next visit.

oldschool
03-22-2016, 10:28 PM
I would suggest disabling sleep mode rather than power save. The other steps are checking the wire harness and board. I suspect you've already changed both. If you have contacted Konica Minolta and have a ticket number I can email the contacts I have at Konica Minolta to see if this a known issue with this model. contact us at supportatjamexvending.com. This seems like something for Konica Minolta engineering. We can visit a local dealer to get more information but I suspect the copier is going to sleep and stopping communication with the Jamex. Once that happens the copier doesn't seem to reinitialize communication unless one or both of the devices are power cycled.

Sharptech56
03-23-2016, 01:02 AM
I will get more details and update the thread

antone
02-18-2019, 11:44 PM
I have a ACDI.. coin op and on the .Control Panel ...it does not say insert funds! But if put money in the coin op and make copies..it uses up the money. But no message insert funds

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Synthohol
02-19-2019, 01:06 AM
try a different vendor mode in tech rep?
older machines did the same thing, the button stays orange and only turns blue when money is input.

antone
04-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Replaced MFP sovled problem!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Synthohol
04-17-2019, 02:27 AM
thanks for the update. its nice to close a case

Custom Search