PDA

View Full Version : Jamming BH951 giving a j7229 code

Custom Search

chucko71
03-16-2016, 02:30 AM
I have a bh951 with fs532 finisher giving me a j7229 code after running a 200 - 300 copies. I am running copies straight through finisher to main exit tray. When it jams, a lot of times there is no paper in finisher even though the jam indicator is flashing for the finisher. Sometimes the paper is stopped before or just after the hole punch unit. I am not doing any hole punching when it stops. If i run the paper out to the sub tray, the copier seems to run without jams. I replaced both the entrance sensor and the exit sensor, checked wiring and motors per tech support. and even replaced the finisher control board without any success. wondering if anyone has seen this and what to do for it.

jaredfmn
03-28-2016, 03:34 PM
I have a bh951 with fs532 finisher giving me a j7229 code after running a 200 - 300 copies. I am running copies straight through finisher to main exit tray. When it jams, a lot of times there is no paper in finisher even though the jam indicator is flashing for the finisher. Sometimes the paper is stopped before or just after the hole punch unit. I am not doing any hole punching when it stops. If i run the paper out to the sub tray, the copier seems to run without jams. I replaced both the entrance sensor and the exit sensor, checked wiring and motors per tech support. and even replaced the finisher control board without any success. wondering if anyone has seen this and what to do for it.

I had had a machine that gave that error and it ended up being the sub harness that plugs into the exit sensor. Not the harness that plugs into the boards. Just the harness that plugs into the exit sense and then has a connector not too far away.

blackcat4866
03-28-2016, 03:44 PM
I came across this once on a bizhub 600. The nipp moveable section has some sound damping foam pads. When the machine sat idle for an hour, that section would stick. We removed those sound damping pads and the adhesive residue, and it was resolved. =^..^=

splblazer91
03-28-2016, 08:29 PM
Had this about a month ago on a 951. Ended up being the paper exit sensor.
sometimes it would run 5 copies and sometimes it would run 1000.

chucko71
03-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. Last week i replaced the wiring harness to the exit sensor and the exit drive motor. I suspected the wiring harness was the problem only due to every time I would would take it out of the saddle holders it would work longer. I replaced the exit motor per KM tech supports request. I think the motor was ok. I watched the customer run 1750 11x17 straight up copies with no issues, which was far more than the 300 to 400 copies we were getting between failures. I will be checking in with the customer later this week to see if this fixed the issue.

Custom Search