PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C7000 with lots of toner dusting and C4661

Custom Search

LinxTech
03-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Hello fellow Techs,

I have a one unit that has a lot of toner dusting. Whole interior of printer is covered with yellow toner (mainly yellow...).

It seems that dusting causes a lot of registration problems and I've cleaned the registration sensor lenses and checked the shutters.

Now printer gives me C4661 error and I have no idea what to do next...

Any feedback is appreciated

Synthohol
03-17-2016, 09:29 PM
clean the toner filter, its tons of screws or just replace it.
if the filters are full of toner thats why it scatters so much.

LinxTech
03-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. The point is (which I forgot to mention) that all filters are quite new.

Synthohol
03-17-2016, 11:00 PM
did you do all the adjustments like after a PM?
like Printer Gamma Offset Adj for line 1 and 2 dot 1 and 2 and the other gradation adjustment with the green triangle (not very technical but im not at a machine to check ;) ) and scans off the glass? then a fiery 34 patch assorted?
all these will reduce toner usage and hopefully less scatter or you have a bad yellow DV unit based on your description.
even after auto gamma i do each print line/dot and set all #s to zero anyway and judge the best process gray by my own eye.
every so often i see the yellow is cranked from autogamma and the gradient is 2" below the second line and have to go as far as -14 to compensate and get a decent gray. if left alone the yellow would have overtoned and get the symptom you describe.
i wish you luck, i usually just do what adjustments i would after a PM.
also see what the client is printing, look at the toner % report. if yellow is higher than black they use a lot of yellow and this is a bummer because its hard to control.
in any event, i wish you luck. dont let this box defeat you!

schlf
11-14-2023, 05:04 AM
clean the toner filter, its tons of screws or just replace it.
if the filters are full of toner thats why it scatters so much.
I can guess the thread may be dead by now, but anyway. I have the same problem but without errors just lots of dust, can you help me where exactly that filter is or how it looks like please?

Synthohol
11-14-2023, 01:49 PM
did you try my St.Paddy's day 2016 advice above your post?

Custom Search