PDA

View Full Version : CLX 6260 U1-2116 duplex door open

Custom Search

Gar the pilot
03-18-2016, 07:33 PM
A client has this code ( U1 2116 Fuser unit error, duplex door open ) and says everything looks in the right spot, usually sharp people, they are a long drive so I try to talk them through most Problems. Any Ideas on this one? Seems like it should be simple, but I don't see how these guys would miss it.
Thanks

Iowatech
03-19-2016, 01:32 AM
I'm not sure about that model, but a while back I had a machine where the hinge to the front cover was cracked. It wasn't cracked enough to make it look like there was a problem, but it was enough that every so often the interlock would disengage and cause a jam.
If you have one of those machines in your boneyard, it wouldn't hurt to pull that door and take it with.
Weird how that sort of problem requires the long drives. I had to go quite a ways behind the "Cheddar Curtain" to get to the machine I was working on.

Gar the pilot
03-22-2016, 05:36 PM
This ended up being a bummer fuser unit that was binding the Heat sleeve, I did reset the door too. This made a lot of gear jumping noise and was hard to turn the sleeve. This is the first one I have lost a fuser on for this problem. Hp's have this problem all the time.
Thanks G

arnh79
03-22-2016, 08:17 PM
Thanks for letting us know the solution. Always appreciate hearing the end result so it can be added to the database.

Gar the pilot
03-24-2016, 05:55 PM
Your welcome, I try to remember to finish a thread I started as I find others that do the same are very helpfull. I got the fuser in and they are running fine. 1st one of these to do that to me. Other than aftermarket Cartridges, these have had no other problems. ( not counting Op Error)
Thanks
Gar the Pilot
Getting High without the Medical Marijuana

Custom Search