PDA

View Full Version : C284e Cyan De-toned but not asking for toner

Custom Search

blackcat4866
03-24-2016, 01:07 AM

I ordered a toner supply motor, we'll that's a story in itself for later. The motor was vibrating, but wouldn't rotate. The hopper was a little difficult to turn, but evenly on all four hoppers, so I discounted it. Mistake.

The cyan toner motor is reasonably easy to change from the rear cover, and helped a little but not enough. Then I thought: hey, what about that gear pack? Not so easy to get to, but no problem found. With nothing else left I'm back to the hopper. With the center gear removed, the auger is the only shaft difficult to turn. The only thing I could find was the front bushing/toner seal for the auger shaft. Toner was packed in there solid, and required a dental pick to extract. Suddenly the auger got very easy to turn.

The thing that bothers me is that this machine has only 15K color. Is it going to come back immediately? Is there a new and improved seal/bushing? Yes, I know the toner is magenta. All four hoppers/seals were packed full this way. Only cyan was stalling.

Now that I know what to look for I could have skipped a lot of that. Theoretically I could remove the waste bottle, inner cover, then pop off the white caps and clean front bushing. Can I expect to see this a lot? =^..^=

splblazer91
03-24-2016, 04:15 AM
yes there are updated bushings but once i see one fail i replace the hopper and call it a day. have never had to go back yet.

blackcat4866
03-24-2016, 11:50 PM
Thanks splblazer. =^..^=

hotfuser
03-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Thanks splblazer. =^..^=

Blackcat check out this bulletin

blackcat4866
03-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Blackcat check out this bulletin

That's what I was looking for, a separate part number for the bushing. Thanks.

Custom Search