PDA

View Full Version : BH 423. Papers curling at finisher exit.

Custom Search

splblazer91
03-24-2016, 04:24 AM
anyone have a fix for this yet? i have several machines that do it on long runs and its a pain. curls them up and spits them on the floor after the stack gets tall enough. i have replaced fusers and decreased fusing temps to no avail.

blackcat4866
03-24-2016, 11:44 PM
AFAIK the only thing to do is change the output to tray #1 for everything. Naturally offset jobs and stapled sets have to go to the elevator tray. =^..^=

allan
03-25-2016, 06:28 AM
This is fixable be tweaking.

Change the paper.
Your paper could be the issue, if the edges are rough it tends to grip onto the top paper of the stack.
Moisture content in paper is a problem.

Set the fusing temp and paper spacing.
Set the Fusing priority under Machine tab to productivity and not fusing.
Set the fusing temp down as much as 10 to 15 degrees.

If all else fails change the springs on the pressure roller for something a bit weaker.

Jez
03-29-2016, 11:23 AM
anyone have a fix for this yet? i have several machines that do it on long runs and its a pain. curls them up and spits them on the floor after the stack gets tall enough. i have replaced fusers and decreased fusing temps to no avail.

Is this not the old issue that drives me nuts. Excessive moisture content in paper causing paper curl. As A3 spends much longer in the cassette it absorbs more moisture as its out of the wax packet longer? If you have used a fresh unopened ream and the result is the same however, look at the guide rollers from fuser exit all the way through to the finisher exit try. Sometimes there is wear on them which allows the paper to lift slightly before it exits, and it can course the corner of the paper to fold which can cause jamming and obviously a similar symptom. But moisture is the main problem. If the copier being used has cassette heaters then switch them on. Also advice the customer on paper storage. Its always a touchy subject

Custom Search