PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C220 Web Lock(ish)

Custom Search

DigiMan
03-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Goodmorning everyone!

Anyone knows if you can lock the web access on these machines with an account(i dont mean the admin code)without
locking at the same time the machine itself(you can still copy/scan from the machine)?
As far as i know it cant be done seperately but i thought like asking here anyway!

Thanks in advance!

allan
03-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Simply switch off the HTTP protocol under admin -> network settings from the machine panel.
then it would be unavailable.

DigiMan
03-24-2016, 03:29 PM
thnks for the reply allan
meh,thing is the IT department still want to connect to check
various things so disabling it completely is not an option :/

allan
03-24-2016, 03:43 PM
There is a workaround but the user accounts don't allow you to change system settings only user box stuff and other things. They can view the machine status if that helps.
I don't know if the machine admin password and the PSWC admin password can differ.

copier addict
03-24-2016, 05:10 PM
Goodmorning everyone!

Anyone knows if you can lock the web access on these machines with an account(i dont mean the admin code)without
locking at the same time the machine itself(you can still copy/scan from the machine)?
As far as i know it cant be done seperately but i thought like asking here anyway!

Thanks in advance!

What's the reason for wanting to lock out Pagescope?

DigiMan
03-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Its not exactly "locking out" as far as i understand.
The thing thats been asked is if it can lock out even the public access through web with a password
much like the admin but without locking the machine it self(physical access).

Does that actually makes sense?lol

allan
03-28-2016, 07:34 PM
You can try to setup user authentication with public access on the machine. It will give the lock screen on the machine panel but will give a button for public access.
Not sure what the web interface will do. There must be some kind of work around by changing the permission on the machine for the public users.

copier addict
03-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Its not exactly "locking out" as far as i understand.
The thing thats been asked is if it can lock out even the public access through web with a password
much like the admin but without locking the machine it self(physical access).

Does that actually makes sense?lol

Sounds like IT not wanting to give users access to Pagescope. LOL
Even though there is nothing on there they could do to cause problems, and there likely isn't even the interest to go on it in the first place.

DigiMan
03-30-2016, 07:37 AM
Haha yes thats the general idea,it took some convincing but we settled on changing the admin password :)

Anyway guys as always thank you very much for your input!

copier addict
03-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Haha yes thats the general idea,it took some convincing but we settled on changing the admin password :)

Paranoia will destroy ya. Lol

rrrohan
04-03-2016, 12:09 PM
There is a bit switch that would require the user to input the admin password to enter either admin or user mode. I'll try track it down if that's what your after

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
04-03-2016, 04:28 PM

Whenever I am aware of IT changing passwords, I offer two options:
1) Tell me the new password, or
2) Don't complain when you forget the password and nobody can access the machine.

It's just like IT to try to block access to everything, even when 99% of the network users don't even know how to view it, let alone change anything. It does not protect their jobs or make them any more important. It just creates a lot of work for others when they get tossed out.
=^..^=

rrrohan
04-03-2016, 04:38 PM
I just clear it in service mode enhanced security if they change it

DigiMan
04-04-2016, 07:45 AM
There is a bit switch that would require the user to input the admin password to enter either admin or user mode. I'll try track it down if that's what your after

Yes i would like to know that if you could tell me.

Thing is i assume they wanna be on the safe side if they get inspected for data security or something?
I dont know about you guys but where i work if they tell you why doesn't the donkey fly,you answer,it has no wings!
-And they answer,good lets install these!
-But..
-You're fired.

:D

Custom Search