PDA

View Full Version : C452 weird line

Custom Search

Kidaver
03-24-2016, 10:13 PM
I have a C452 causing an odd wiggly line randomly on pages....maybe 1 of 20...I've looked at the drum, developer, and the transfer belt and don't see anything physically that would cause this. If anyone has seen this any advice would help.

Also in the pic it doesn't show it but the line does go edge to edge.

blackcat4866
03-24-2016, 10:28 PM
It's too long to be drum or developing. Only the transfer belt is long enough for that anomaly. =^..^=

Kidaver
03-24-2016, 10:39 PM
That's what I thought as well. It kinda reminded me of when the old Taskalfa were the rubber along the edge of the belt would get up under the belt. I had pulled the belt out and looked in it and and felt along the edge. The belt seemed fine and it is just randomly happening. I guess I can take a second look at it tuesday when I go back out that way.

habik
03-24-2016, 10:57 PM
I think as well it could be the transfer belt. Check the cleaning brush for any random junk floating around as the speed of the brush and the Transfer belt seems to match the "Pre-scribed" patern. Also check for any damage on any of the 1st transfer rollers holding brackets. They sometimes snap and cause weird issues.

Option 2, check if the Drum charge cleaner is housed in home position during printing.. perhaps the motor is runing during printing and is causing typical short and instead of straight line from lead to trail you get diagonal line at the speed of the charge cleaner. Haha ..I would eat my hat, if this is the cause.. That potentionally could be faulty HP sensor for charge cleaner. Would imagine it would throw a C-Code.

Option 3, faulty front door switch.

Let us know what was it?

Charge corona cleaning control
• A dirtied charge corona may cause bands and uneven image problems and the increase
of the electric potential on the surface of the photo conductor. To prevent these problems,
the charge corona has a cleaning mechanism that periodically cleans the serrate electrode
and the charge control plate (grid mesh).
• Only the drum unit/K frequently used in printing has the charge corona cleaning control.
• The cleaner is driven by the charge cleaning motor/K.
• When the power switch is turned ON or the front door is opened/closed, the charge
corona cleaner home position is detected.
• The charging cleaner home sensor detects the position (rear) of the charge corona
cleaner. The charging cleaner return sensor (this side) detects the return position.
• When the count goes over 2,700 during a print job, the cleaning operation starts after the
completion of the print job. However, when the remaining number of pages of the job is
50 sheets or more, the job is stopped and the cleaning operation is performed.
• The count method is shown below.
K PC drum motor (M18)
Color PC drum motor (M16)
Drum charge corona bias/
Y,M,C
Drum charge corona bias/K
K PC developing motor (M19)
Color developing motor (M17)
Charge corona
(Mounted separately
for each of Y, M,
C, and K)
A00JT2E512DA
Paper length in the sub scanning direction Count
216 mm or less 1
Over 216 mm and up to 432 mm 2
Over 432 mm and up to 648 mm 3
Over 648 mm and up to 864 mm 4
Over 864 mm and up to 1080 mm 5
Over 1080 mm 6

Have a nice Easter !

konica7022
03-28-2016, 09:30 AM
is it the same line all the time and black color only?

try cleaning the LED under the Black IU

Jez
03-29-2016, 11:16 AM
I have a C452 causing an odd wiggly line randomly on pages....maybe 1 of 20...I've looked at the drum, developer, and the transfer belt and don't see anything physically that would cause this. If anyone has seen this any advice would help.

Also in the pic it doesn't show it but the line does go edge to edge.
This must be on the transfer belt, as you say its only 1 in 20 times, I suppose you haven't managed to stop it during a print cycle and caught the line on the drum?possibly something has caused it or something is interfering pretransfer to cause this. Everything needs removing, and the machine needs a good clean. look carefully, something must be there. I take it its the same whether you print or copy. Obviously if its only on copying then it has to be optics, but that would be very unusual
Best of luck

Custom Search