PDA

View Full Version : Pro 951 freeze up when scanning or printing

Custom Search

jimtanner
03-25-2016, 10:00 PM
I have a customer that has 2 pro951 machines. One will freeze up when it is printing or scanning. I have not seen it in that condition but they tell me the touch screen and everything is locked up with NO CODES OR MESSAGE. Have to off/on to restart the machine.

DocuJustin
04-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Hard drive issue? Any error codes? To see codes, you need to print out a management list.

Synthohol
04-08-2016, 11:33 PM
you can see all error codes and jam codes by enabling the following bit switches...

11-7 should be a 1 to show jam codes as they occur.

30-1 should be set to 1 as well to allow viewing of the jam and code logs and history under counter in service mode.

and just a suggestion, switch 49-6 will default to 3hole punch when punch is selected so its one less button to hit for the users as 2 hole is factory default.
as far as the issue you have, try a fresh firmware for everything, if that does not work i have replaced a couple panels in the past for unresponsiveness.
good luck.

DocuJustin
04-09-2016, 12:22 AM
you can see all error codes and jam codes by enabling the following bit switches...

11-7 should be a 1 to show jam codes as they occur.

30-1 should be set to 1 as well to allow viewing of the jam and code logs and history under counter in service mode.

and just a suggestion, switch 49-6 will default to 3hole punch when punch is selected so its one less button to hit for the users as 2 hole is factory default.
as far as the issue you have, try a fresh firmware for everything, if that does not work i have replaced a couple panels in the past for unresponsiveness.
good luck.

Psshh. Thanks for the dip switch settings. That makes it nice and easy. Thank you. I'm color production trained. So of course I do the b&w production by default.

Synthohol
04-09-2016, 12:37 AM
same bit switches for color pro models as well.

remati
04-09-2016, 11:03 AM
I have a customer that has 2 pro951 machines. One will freeze up when it is printing or scanning. I have not seen it in that condition but they tell me the touch screen and everything is locked up with NO CODES OR MESSAGE. Have to off/on to restart the machine.

hello

You could have a problem of Firmware nin my opinion you must in first refresh it

DigiMan
04-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Just to make sure check(yourself) if it does freeze on printing and check if with what kind of format files it freezes.
As far as the scanning if ftp is set up for scanning and something is not set up right the machine will instantly freeze
when you try to scan and it will stay that way for a minute or so.
Worst case scenario a firmware flash.

Custom Search