PDA

View Full Version : DF-613 pulls extra sheet, once i a while.

Custom Search

fixthecopier
03-29-2016, 09:18 PM
I am testing out this adf before returning it to the customer and it will pull an extra sheet and jam, showing number 11 as the jam point.

I have replaced the feed roller, retard roller, both pick up rollers and have tried different pads and springs at the sep point. even tried streching the spring. It may pass over 100 sheets before it does it. Any ideas?

blackcat4866
03-29-2016, 11:44 PM
You might try a different spring, especially if your enduser is using heavier weight originals consistently. I remember a specific occasion where my enduser was using Xerox Phaser solid ink originals, which are very slippery.

I think you'll be surprised how much latitude you have with spring strength.

You probably already know this, but for the newbies I'll explain. It seems counterintuitive, but if you want additional separation (with roller separation), you want to decrease the separation spring pressure. Think of it this way: The more pressure that is on the separation roller, the more likely the separation roller is to follow/roll-with the feed roller (slipping the torque limiter), possible taking two pages. The less spring pressure that is on the separation roller, the more likely it is to counter-rotate or stop (not slipping the torque limiter), preventing multiple feeds.

Now pad separation is exactly the opposite. More spring pressure means more separation. =^..^=

Hansoon
03-30-2016, 05:27 AM
The more pressure that is on the separation roller, the more likely the separation roller is to follow/roll-with the feed roller (slipping the torque limiter), possible taking two pages

Errr... In my KonicaMinolta's the separation roller is not being driven and SHOULD follow the feed roller otherwise you'll have a paper jam of the single sheet. Separation is done when the upper sheet slips over the 2nd lower sheet of paper which is kept back by the now NOT moving separation roller. The friction between two sheets of paper is usually less than the friction of the 2nd sheet against the separation roller. When we're talking about feed rollers/separation PADS matters are different of course.

In the past I very rarely could improve transport/separation function by tweaking the spring pressure. Replacing rollers (both!) is the answer and scouring the shaft of the one way's ( I know you don't like that last one Cat) is the answer too IMHO. Did I mention that cleaning the one-way is also a good idea?

Hans

copier addict
03-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Errr... In my KonicaMinolta's the separation roller is not being driven and SHOULD follow the feed roller otherwise you'll have a paper jam of the single sheet. Separation is done when the upper sheet slips over the 2nd lower sheet of paper which is kept back by the now NOT moving separation roller.

Hans

True, the sep roller is not driven, but if there too much pressure on it, it will not hold the bottom sheet of paper and just rotate with the feed roller and cause multiple feeding.

fixthecopier
03-30-2016, 09:55 PM
So, to follow up. I played with the spring, stretching it and such. Got it to where it wouldn't pull at all. I had replaced everything to do with separation, but could never get perfection. Finally out of frustration, I pulled the retard roller, spring and pad holder off an old Bizhub 250 beside me. Passed about 700 sheets without a jam. I took it back.

fishleg
03-31-2016, 08:19 AM
The blue type tyres to me seem to work better. Harder material and its just applying pressure with almost no friction so basically perfect, now the soft red is applying pressure and a soft grip so its to me working against the top ><.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
04-01-2016, 01:26 AM
So, to follow up. I played with the spring, stretching it and such. Got it to where it wouldn't pull at all. I had replaced everything to do with separation, but could never get perfection. Finally out of frustration, I pulled the retard roller, spring and pad holder off an old Bizhub 250 beside me. Passed about 700 sheets without a jam. I took it back.

It's interesting that the retard roller fits where a separation pad sets. Clearly they haven't changed that DF very much. =^..^=

Custom Search