PDA

View Full Version : C652 drawer 3 jamming issue

Custom Search

michael_braunstein
03-30-2016, 08:05 PM
I have a weird drawer 3 intermittent jamming problem with a C652. I have exchanged firmware, sensors, clutches, entire feed assys. and it still jams without any
logical reasoning. I remember the earlier generation copiers with the same feed assy. (IE C451,C550 & C650) having multiple bulletins that didn't really help this problem and the later generation machine (IE C654, C754) seem to be better but still not perfect. I'm not sure is there some new fix that I'm not aware of or is this just a temperamental assy. that doesn't take a whole lot to throw the timing off between the drawer 3 feed and the horizontal assy. and or vertical assy.? This only seems to happen with tray 3, tray 4 works flawless. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. Again most of the hardware has been replaced so not sure what's going on.

SAR
03-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Do you know what jam code you are getting? Example: J13-01 or J17-30. Where do you find the jam?

allan
03-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Check for a broken door latch on the bottom right side door.

fishleg
03-31-2016, 08:14 AM
Stretched sep spring :) proper gets me when I see some new engineer has stretched that spring by being lazy.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

michael_braunstein
03-31-2016, 11:52 PM
Do you know what jam code you are getting? Example: J13-01 or J17-30. Where do you find the jam?

Yes the code is always in the horizontal transport (10 flashing) the jam code is always J17-30. Remember I have exchanged all the assys. from tray 3 feed to the vertical transport with exception of boards. The door latch is not broken and the sep. spring has already been replaced along with the entire tray 3 feed assy. Really weird.

BR549
04-01-2016, 03:23 AM
It needs the updated tray 3 actuator. See tech bulletin 9409. If you are a KonicaMinolta dealer you can get it free since there is a FOC (free of charge) program. Part # is A2X0668200. It also applies to the 654/754e and non e machines.

srvctec
04-01-2016, 04:31 AM
Another thing to check is the horizontal transport roller in tray 3 just after the feed roller assy (has 2 gray rollers on the shaft) that will wear down to a much smaller diameter over time, usually around 400-600K. Took me forever to figure that one out when I initially discovered this same issue on the C451 series.

emujo
04-01-2016, 05:05 PM
I recommend replacing the clutch that drives the flyover section (above tray 4). If you have a parts book for the Bizhub 750, order that part#. KM uses a slightly different clutch in the C652 and later, but the one from the 750 works and I've seen it last over 1 million without any issues. Emujo

Albonline
04-01-2016, 08:10 PM
I have a weird drawer 3 intermittent jamming problem with a C652. I have exchanged firmware, sensors, clutches, entire feed assys. and it still jams without any
logical reasoning. I remember the earlier generation copiers with the same feed assy. (IE C451,C550 & C650) having multiple bulletins that didn't really help this problem and the later generation machine (IE C654, C754) seem to be better but still not perfect. I'm not sure is there some new fix that I'm not aware of or is this just a temperamental assy. that doesn't take a whole lot to throw the timing off between the drawer 3 feed and the horizontal assy. and or vertical assy.? This only seems to happen with tray 3, tray 4 works flawless. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. Again most of the hardware has been replaced so not sure what's going on.

replace the conveyance rollers up the right side of the copier. have also seen the registration roller worn enough to cause timing jams but this occurs at about 2 mil. the jamming from lower drawers issue shows up while doing 2 sided from drawer 3 first. then progresses to even single sided and even drawer 4. have used shrink tube on the rollers but this may cause more problems with some stock. ( not as sticky as the original rubber)

3boydad
04-02-2016, 04:53 AM
do yourself a favor and order the feed assy. IMO anything with 2 screw and two connections means it should be swapped. I have ran into this mess before and a feed assy solves it everytime. And yes i have replaced everything you can and still jams. Something just gets wore out thats hard to find. Its not that expensive either. If they use tray 3 mostly do it, you will be happy with your clicks for it. It's in the parts manuel. good luck

SAR
04-06-2016, 02:16 PM
There is a specific firmware just for the 17-30 jamming issue. I believe it ends in GC1-D1. I know you mentioned you updated firmware earlier, but this is a special firmware and it has fixed that problem for me several times.

Custom Search