PDA

View Full Version : Server print queue deletes all jobs if drivers are updated.

Custom Search

speedtek
03-30-2016, 08:38 PM
We have a customer with several KM machines (951, 554e, C554). It is a law office with many users, and they are using Equitrac and Windows Server 2012. We've recently run in to a few problems with the 951 and the C554, and I noticed on both they are using the original drivers that came with the machines. When we install a newer driver they cannot print. The job goes into the print queue on the server, and then it quickly says "Deleting" and then disappears. I have spent a considerable amount of time on the forums and Google and this is a tough issue to search for.

If we switch back to the original drivers they can print again, but with the same problems they were having prior (jobs intermittently jamming up in the queue). We have tried creating a new queue with the new drivers and it does the same thing. It's almost as if any drivers installed onto the server after a certain date won't work.

Any help is appreciated!

KenB
03-30-2016, 09:55 PM
Can the machines print OK if you send directly to them, bypassing Equitrac?

If so, it may be more of an issue with Equtrac.

Make sure that Equitrac has ALL the current hotfixes applied, even the ones that may not seem they apply.

I'm not sure, but I think there is a KM universal driver, you may want to try that.

I have only installed Equitrac with Ricoh machines, but have always used the UPD.

It kinda makes sense to use a universal driver, as there is no guaranty that the user will release their jobs at any certain machine, as that is part of the beauty of follow-you printing.

emujo
03-31-2016, 03:54 PM
Konica Minolta drivers are directly related to the firmware and function versions on the MFP. Each driver supports a range of function version, some have a larger range than others and some only support 1 function version. If you try to use a driver that is outside the function version range and any type of authentication is being enforced, the driver will not be able to pull down the correct login info. this results in job deletion at the MFP (deleted due to login error). The fix for this is to work with your service department to get the MFPs updated to the latest firmware and function version levels, then download and install the corresponding drivers. I don't recommend "updating" the drivers as this can cause some corruption and leave you searching in circles for the resolution. Additionally, I have seen on server 2012R2 this scenario...You have a fleet of C454Es at function version 3. Production goes up and you decide you need another device to keep up. This one comes in at function ver 7 and your tech assists you in loading the new drivers. This new driver version is applied to all the C454e models on the print server and now, the only MFP that works is the newest one, all others MFPs are getting the deleted due to login error. This is another case where you want to enlist the service department to bring all your MFPs up to date before you place the new one. You should be open to a professional services bill for some of this work. Emujo

speedtek
04-01-2016, 09:08 PM
The jobs are getting deleted before they leave the print server's queue - nothing is even showing up on the copiers' queues. We've discovered two new things since my original post:

-Any new drivers that are loaded onto the server seem to fail. If we switch to an old driver that was already installed it will print. Unfortunately the original problem we were having when we discovered this one (jobs hanging when trying to print) points to us needing a newer driver.

-Domain admins can print no problem. All other users having the problem. This would lead us to assume it's a permissions issue but all permissions seem to be where they need to be.

I have enlisted the help of our Managed Services department and so far they can't figure it out, either.

habik
04-01-2016, 11:16 PM
The jobs are getting deleted before they leave the print server's queue - nothing is even showing up on the copiers' queues. We've discovered two new things since my original post:

-Any new drivers that are loaded onto the server seem to fail. If we switch to an old driver that was already installed it will print. Unfortunately the original problem we were having when we discovered this one (jobs hanging when trying to print) points to us needing a newer driver.

-Domain admins can print no problem. All other users having the problem. This would lead us to assume it's a permissions issue but all permissions seem to be where they need to be.

I have enlisted the help of our Managed Services department and so far they can't figure it out, either.

Think Emujo put you on the right track.
Lets take perhaps the C554e machine:
Can you please post here what version of drivers you are using for the 2012 server?

What level of firmware is currently loaded on?
(this can be found through the operating panel under Utility > Device information) - if you can't see the level of firmware then you are on old level.

Function Enhancment version the machines are on?
(this can be found through the operating panel under Utility > Device information)

Can you install the driver locally on one of the local machines or directly from laptop via network cable to the machine, that is having issue printing with new driver shared from 2012?

Custom Search