PDA

View Full Version : BHC452 folding finisher not always folding in the center.

Custom Search

Desert Rat
04-01-2016, 11:06 PM
I forget the finisher model number but it's the one that only does the half fold and staple and regular staple.

This unit will fold about 20 pages of the job then it starts to fold only a portion. About an 1/8th of the page.
I cleaned the folding rollers and the paddles. But it still does the same fold in the wrong place.
I can see the lower paddles, paddling. Does that holder at the bottom ever stop in the wrong place?
Or is there another way to watch it in action? I did get in there and blow off the sensors.
The customer is using 24lb 8.5X11" paper with a smooth finish.

Thanks

DR

EarthKmTech
04-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Your imperial units are gibberish to me, but the smaller finisher (fs-527) is only specified for 1 slightly thicker than plain paper cover with all other pages of the booklet plain paper.

I have a customer that tries to push the boundaries on one of these with slick paper on a C280 and cleaning the folding rollers helps for a while, with rubber roller restorer.

Otherwise if it works perfectly on plain paper, its simply a case of out of specification media, tough tittys, heres your bill for $275, see you the F later.

I have also had an intermittent open circuit gripper solenoid - as it warmed up on a long run it failed to grip and folding was all over the place. you can thrash test it in finisher components test mode.

SAR
04-04-2016, 02:35 PM
That holder that you mentioned stopping in the wrong place is most likely the culprit. Two things can happen, either the guides the holder rides on get dirty and it binds, or the belt that drives it gets loose and it slips(most likely). The belt is usually fairly loose from the factory, but look down in the far lower left corner of that finisher and you will see the tension adjustment screws for the belt that drives that gripper/holder unit. Tighten the tension some and it should fix your problem.

Desert Rat
04-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the replies.

EarthKmTech, I will check the paper specs for this unit. But, 24lb paper is not that heavy, but it does have a smooth finish.
I forget what the gram weight is, probably about 90. It is a 96 bright though. I had a BH600 not want to run the Staples
96 bright paper, but it ran fine with the staples 92 bright. Both were 20lb.
I will also check the heat on that solenoid you mentioned.

Sar, your suggestion makes sense also. I may get a chance to check that belt for the gripper/holder today. I have some dry lube
I can apply to the guides for that holder so it will move smoothly.

Thanks again for your suggestions

DR

jonw
04-05-2016, 07:01 PM
check gripper soleniod loom | Prone to breaking ...

cheers jon

Custom Search