PDA

View Full Version : windows 10 SMB scan to folder and E-mail

Custom Search

3boydad
04-02-2016, 04:57 AM
hey guys, while we have IT that does all teh scan set ups i would like to know what the deal is with setting up on my home copier. I can only get FTP to work. SMB fails, scan to e mail fails and i have no idea why. Windows 7 was no problem. but with 10 im kind of stuck. Does anyone have a write up please. I'm using a c35 at home. thanks again

copier tech
04-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Yeah the C35 is a pain on SMB, however make sure the firmware is the latest & if SMB fails with hostname try using your IP address.

3boydad
04-04-2016, 06:23 AM
anyone have a write up on how to get this working with windows 10? would love any write ups thank you

Kidaver
04-04-2016, 10:15 PM
one thing to check with scanning to SMB on Windows 10 is your Network Profile. If it is set to Public and not Private/Home profile SMB will not work at all. I don't remember where you change it at but google it and it will show up as that's how I have to do it everytime I run into the issue.

3boydad
04-05-2016, 06:31 AM
got it figured out. The problem is not windows 10 but firewall rules. doesn't matter which one. I use Kapersky, and there are a few things you need to change. if anyone has issues i would be glad to share. took a few but it's done thank god

peter42
04-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Yes, i have a customer with new W10 laptop and well worked c25 before.
Scan over smb was not working with Kaspersky, FTP was running with some rules in Kaspersky for 3 weeks.
But after last Software Updates, no connection to FileZillaserver on his W10 machine.
His neighbour PC without update gets its scans fine in its folder.
If you have a fix, please tell it here.

greetings peter

3boydad
04-06-2016, 10:35 PM
open kaspersky/settings/firewall/settings/network tab/ right click on your network and select trusted network, click ok twice. then kaspersky/settings/firewall/settings/packet rules/right click on TCP and set it to allow click ok. then right click on UDP click allow. You're kaspersky will now allow SMB scan traffic. hope that helps

peter42
04-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Thanks, will try it on next Monday. Else i set his bizhub to email, smb and ftp fails .
Greetings peter

Custom Search