PDA

View Full Version : Jamming HP LaserJet 4250tn Jam in Tray 2 error code 13.01.00

Custom Search

kylebishop
04-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone I need some help on a HP LaserJet 4250tn.

When printing from tray 2, I am getting the jam error code 13.01.00
No jams are in the machine the paper never leaves the cassette.
I can print a few pages and then I receive the jam code.

I have tried the following:
2 sets of brand new feed rollers for the tray and the machine.
Cleaning the new feed rollers.
Tried a good tray from a different machine.
Pushing a piece of thick paper through the paper feed area to remove any debris.
Blowing canned air on all of the paper sensors.

This machine has 2 additional cassettes added onto it. Which can be printed from perfectly fine.
Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Iowatech
04-05-2016, 02:33 AM
If you take off the covers on the right hand side of the machine (not the extra trays, though), you'll find the clutch that drives those rollers at the lower front. Check it for the red dust of doom, it means the metal parts inside the clutch are worn out and the clutch needs to be replaced. Also, make sure that the solenoid that controls that clutch is in good shape.

Reed
04-05-2016, 06:00 AM
check the solenoid. I have seen it stick because the little felt was worn and all that is left is the glue backing of the felt

Iowatech
04-06-2016, 12:44 AM
check the solenoid. I have seen it stick because the little felt was worn and all that is left is the glue backing of the felt

Huh, maybe I'm thinking of the wrong machine (if so, let me know please), but when I've seen that solenoid stick it usually causes almost the exact opposite problem - too many sheets of paper get fed because the rollers never stop.

Reed
04-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Huh, maybe I'm thinking of the wrong machine (if so, let me know please), but when I've seen that solenoid stick it usually causes almost the exact opposite problem - too many sheets of paper get fed because the rollers never stop.
That's what I was thinking also until it happened to me. The machine would feed several pages then jam. The solenoid appears to work but it hesitates just enough once in a while to cause it to jam. I used a small felt that I had in my tool bag

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
04-06-2016, 01:15 AM
That's what I was thinking also until it happened to me. The machine would feed several pages then jam. The solenoid appears to work but it hesitates just enough once in a while to cause it to jam. I used a small felt that I had in my tool bag

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I have a length of inner tube. I use a 1/4" paper punch to punch 1/4" disks of rubber. The adhesive removes nicely with paraffin lamp oil. The rubber adheres nicely with cyanoacrylate. I've never had to touch one of these repairs a second time.

walterman
04-06-2016, 07:14 AM
Is the lift motor engaging the paper tray fully?

1stcavvet
04-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Look in from the rear of the machine you should be able to see exactlly what's happening,or not happening as the case may be. You'll see if the paper is lifted high enough ,if the rollers are turning. you'll see it all. use a flashlight. GOOD LUCK

kylebishop
04-06-2016, 05:23 PM
UPDATE:
I have replaced the solenoid, paper lift motor and the clutch assembly. The problem is still happening. Any more ideas are appreciated thanks.

kylebishop
04-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Final UPDATE:

All fixed now. The problem ended up being the DC Controller board.
If anyone else runs into this issue be sure to follow the instruction for replacing it in your service manual as there are step that must be taken.

Here is what I found.

Reinstallation notes, formatter If you install a replacement formatter, complete the following steps: 1 Perform an NVRAM initialization (see To initialize NVRAM). 2 Use the control-panel display to open the service menu and specify the total page count, the maintenance count, the service ID, the cold reset paper size, and the serial number (see Service menu (service PIN codes)). 3 Reset the printer display language to the customer's choice (see Setting the control-panel display language).
212 6 Removing and replacing parts
After installing a new formatter, complete the following steps: 1 Turn the printer on and then wait for five minutes after the printer reaches the Ready state.
NOTE Five minutes is required to allow for NVRAM settings to be written.
2 Turn the printer off. 3 Turn the printer on again, and then wait five minutes after the printer reaches the Ready state. 4 Print a configuration page to verify against original settings

Installing a new formatter and a new dc controller (LJ 4250/4350 only)
CAUTION If you are installing a new formatter and a new dc controller on an HP LaserJet 4250 or 4350 Series printer, follow the instructions in this section. Failure to follow these instructions can result in a printer-configuration downgrade. For example, an HP LaserJet 4350 printer could perform as an HP LaserJet 4250.
1 Turn the printer off. 2 Remove the formatter (see Formatter assembly ) and replace it with the new formatter. 3 Turn the printer on and then wait for five minutes after the printer reaches the Ready state.
NOTE Five minutes is required to allow for NVRAM settings to be written. The same fiveminute wait is required several times during this procedure.
4 Turn the printer off. 5 Turn the printer on again, and then wait five minutes after the printer reaches the Ready state. 6 Turn the printer off. 7 Remove the dc controller (see Dc controller PCA) and replace it with the new dc controller. 8 Turn the printer on and wait for five minutes after the printer reaches the Ready state. 9 Turn the printer off. 10 Turn the printer on again, and then wait five minutes after the printer reaches the Ready state. 11 Print a configuration page to verify against original settings. 12 Verify the printer series (4250/4350).

Custom Search