PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224e 2000 prints per day

Custom Search

photocopier.technician
04-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Hello

I have a client who has two bizhub C224e recently installed. The client does around 2000 prints a day of which around 1500 is black and 500 color.

The machine was having several problems like black bands on the top and below of prints and sometimes white lines the main causes were dirty laser or corona wire.After a cleaning the machine worked but the client does not agree to do a cleaning as often as everyday.

The machine specs says 13000 prints/month and MAX 80 000.

I wish to know

1. If there is a proportion of black to color prints to be prints ?

2. Do all clients do 13000 prints/months ? This implies 433 prints a day

3. Is it possible to do 1500 black and 500 color prints a day on this machine ?

JR2ALTA
04-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Mechanically this machine is great and will handle the volume just fine.

The black drum is a consumable, it's meant to BE REPLACED. It's yield is 120,000 prints give or take.

The cleaning wand for black banding will only buy you time.

Sounds like the color units are fine, don't worry about them until they produce banding.

SwisSeV
04-05-2016, 09:42 PM
I don't work on these machines. So feel free to ignore the following.

The recommendations are based on a 5% coverage, if they are in that range they should be ok. They are close to maxing out the machines, so if they are doing a lot more than 5% they should think about adding a machine or getting larger ones.
They will see many benefits of a larger machine, reliability, quality, ppm and less down time. Plus, less work for the service tech.
I believe the recommendations are based on a 50-50 split between CMY and K volume. Someone let me know if I'm wrong with that assumption.

Custom Search