PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bishop 7255

Custom Search

WaqasUsmani
04-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post need your help desperately...

I purchased a refurbished bishub 7255 machine couple of days back. I'm trying to connect it to my pc via FireWire cable. I downloaded all the related softwares and installed them on a Windows xp desktop computer. It is kind of confusing as the computer detects the device as unknown usb device.
When I install the software it asks me to define ports... couple of lpt1 ports and com ports and usb virtual port and xps port and lastly nul port.
I've no idea how to connect my pc to this machine.
Please help...
Thanks

Mick01
04-08-2016, 12:52 AM
Hello,
Firstly I have to say. Why did you purchase such an old model?? This has been obselete now for quite a number of years!!! It will be quite difficult to get any parts for this model.
Secondly to be able to print the machine needs to be fitted with an IP-511a print controller. If you dont have this then printing cannot be done. From memory these controllers were quite unreliable (fall over at a drop of a hat). I tried downloading the service manual (to refresh my memory) but it is not available now through our official support channell.
Good luck, but if I were you I would try and return this machine. Or hopefully you didnt pay too much and can write off the cost and get a more up to date model.

copyman
04-08-2016, 05:23 AM
Why are you using a firewire cable? Like the other poster said it needs the print controller installed to be able to print? Then you would use a regular cat 5 ethernet cable to configure to your computer. Let me know if you need the controller, I may have one.

WaqasUsmani
04-09-2016, 07:41 AM
@Mick01 & copyman thanks for the reply.

As I said I'm a newbie and dont know about IP-511a print controller. However I'm attaching a picture which shows the Firewire, 2 LPT1 ports, 2 Com ports and 2 NIC Cards. I was trying to attach the photocopier with the firewire port.

Thanks...

Flash
04-09-2016, 02:24 PM
The good news is you do have a print controller. Use the RJ45 connection on the the far right. To configure the IP address do the following:

1. Press the Scan/Print button. The Print screen will appear.
2. Press Setting on the LCD.
3. Press 5 on the LCD for Network Setup. Press OK.
4. Press 4 on the LCD for TCP/IP Setup. Press OK.
5. Press Next to go to the next page.
6. Press 6 on the LCD for Enable DHCP. Press OK.
7. Press 2 on the LCD for DHCP Disable. Press OK.
8. Press 7 on the LCD for TCP/IP Address in NVRAM. Press OK.
9. Press 1 on the LCD for Yes. Press OK.
10. Needed settings are complete. Press CANCEL on the LCD to go back one screen.
11. Press 2 on LCD for Update NIC. Press OK.
12. Press 1 on LCD for Yes. Press OK. Main body and IP511 will reinitialize. Verify the correct TCP/IP address on the print
ed Status Page.

WaqasUsmani
04-14-2016, 09:38 PM
@Flash, Copyman & Mick01

Thanks for the help and sorry for bothering you again, @Flash I did the steps as you mentioned and everything went as you said, however I'm still not able to connect the copier with the PC. The network card in the copier has a static green light (It doesn't blink) but no yellow light. Does this means there is a problem with the print controller or have I missed something. On the computer, the network card has a yellow mark (Limited connectivity).

I'm attaching the pictures of IP-511 Type A page & Network Info. page. I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Flash
04-14-2016, 10:52 PM
Is your computer plugged into a router or straight into the copier? If it is plugged straight into the copier you need to use a crossover cable and set the computer's ip address to the same range as the copier(for example 192.168.1.50).

WaqasUsmani
04-14-2016, 11:03 PM
I've connected it directly to the pc. I'm using a simple network cable, but will try to find this crossover cable. But as I've seen with the network cards, both lights do blink but in my case only green light is on and it is static.
If you look at the network sheet I've given the range of 192.168.1.100, do I need to change that as well?
Thanks...

Flash
04-15-2016, 03:41 AM
What is the ip address of your computer? It needs to be in the same range as the copier.

WaqasUsmani
04-15-2016, 10:18 AM
It's a stand alone machine that is directly connected to the copier no ip address is given, it connect to the internet via USB wifi dongle.

wseyller
04-15-2016, 09:19 PM
If you have a relatively modern computer you won't need a crossover cable as a combination of modern network card and operating system with auto sense the cable and automatically reverse the connection for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mick01
04-18-2016, 03:49 AM
You will need to configure the TCP/IP settings on your PC's network card. Need to be within the same IP range as the IP address you gave the printer.
Also I do recall (i might be wrong as i haven't worked on one of these for quite some time) that the IP511 uses port 10001 as its printer port number. So this means you have to either change this in the network card setting to 9100 or set your driver to use LPR (with port1 in the LPR queue). another thing to note is to connect your network cable to the network port that is the furthest away from the back of the machine. The other network port is for the internal web page of the machine itself.
If you dont understand any of this it might be worthwhile getting in a technician familiar on this model to get this set up for you.
Good Luck

Custom Search