PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C250 Scan to Email

Custom Search

kcroto
04-07-2016, 07:46 PM
I have repurposed a C250 BIZHUB. The last option i am trying to setup is Scan to Email. I am trying to use a gmail account. I have researched the web but somewhere I have an error. I am pretty sure I can get out on the web as I pinged smtp.gmail.com and got a good reply. I have the same email address in for the administrator and machine as I do the gmail account. I think I have the correct ports, I have SLL?????

Any thoughts? It sounds too simple to make an error.

Thanks,

Keith

kingarthur
04-08-2016, 11:56 AM
when you input the email addresses, where it says "input the machine address", put the email address where it says "device name" and not where it says "email address" I've only set it up once as an experiment, and that was the mistake I kept making, until I read it properly

wseyller
04-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Make sure you turn on "less secure apps" in the Gmail security settings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Synthohol
04-08-2016, 02:34 PM
here ya go :)

kcroto
04-11-2016, 05:09 PM
when you input the email addresses, where it says "input the machine address", put the email address where it says "device name" and not where it says "email address" I've only set it up once as an experiment, and that was the mistake I kept making, until I read it properly

I tried this, or corrected it but I had no success

kcroto
04-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Make sure you turn on "less secure apps" in the Gmail security settings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I suspect that if everything else was correct that this would have been an issue. I did try to setup my outlook client to work with Gmail and discovered that with the 2 step process I use I needed to provided a onetime password which worked well for outlook. I tried this for the konica and had no luck.

kcroto
04-11-2016, 05:12 PM
here ya go :)

Thank you for your input. I went through this and still no luck.

Synthohol
04-11-2016, 05:21 PM
What is the error code? You may have to turn on display errors for network in adm8n mode.

kcroto
04-11-2016, 05:22 PM
So as I said earlier I decided to ensure the settings I was using for gmail were correct by adding a gmail account to my outlook client. And I discovered that the two step authentication was stopping me. I could add and use an "App Password" for outlook but it did not work for the Konica.<br>
<br>
I punted on gmail and worked on my outlook.com account. Again I tested it with my outlook client, and it works correctly. However when I put the same settings in the konica I still get an error.<br>
<br>
I did try the ping test through the Konica to smtp.gmail.com and it was successful. So I can reach the internet.<br>
<br>
I took a screen shot of the settings via the webclient.<br>
<br>
Any more thoughts would be welcome.<br>
<br>
Keith

Synthohol
04-12-2016, 02:33 AM
first off disable POP, and pop before smtp. no reason for it.
what is the error after a failed send?
also the email settings in the pic have nothing to do with gmail unless it was just a ping test.

kcroto
04-12-2016, 01:57 PM
first off disable POP, and pop before smtp. no reason for it.
what is the error after a failed send?
also the email settings in the pic have nothing to do with gmail unless it was just a ping test.

I did disable the pope and pop before smtp. The error I get from the job history is failed to connect to server. Unless there is another error location that I have not found.

Yes I pinged gmail because outlook will not respond to a ping.

rrrohan
04-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Try using the isp outgoing mail server?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Synthohol
04-12-2016, 05:53 PM

Yes I pinged gmail because outlook will not respond to a ping.
didnt outlook move to smtp.live.com?

kcroto
04-14-2016, 01:55 PM
didnt outlook move to smtp.live.com?

I did try the smtp.live.com and had no better luck with it. I went back and forth on the correct url, however the latest info appears to be the smtp-mail.outlook.com.

Regardless I took the suggestion to use a mail account from the ISP and that worked. The ISP is comcast using roadrunner web mail.

So thank you all very much for your help.

Keith

gerryproulx
07-06-2016, 11:13 PM
do you have a DNS server set to resolve that name to an address? Gmail doesn't use port 25 try 587, there is a user but no password in the authentication

Woxner
07-08-2016, 05:01 AM
this is the simple way.
set the host as smtp.gmail.com
admin and device name can be anything you want. copier@copier.com what ever you want. its not used to send just required
set ssl over smtp and port 465
enter you gmail address and password for authentication
done.
when you send an email it will say its from your gmail address
all scans are saved in the gmail sent box
if you want to see the screen shot let me know and you can get it from my drop box

copier tech
07-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Can I ask why you bought this C250? this is such an old out dated machine, you will have so many issues with it. Why not go for a new more reliable C280, even this series is old but more reliable.

I would suggest that your C250 doesn't support gmail, in fact gmail wasn't even around when the C250 came out! You might be lucky & find updating to the latest firmware (lol) will get it scanning to email.

However set your machine to DHCP let it pick up all the network setting & try again.

Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.8.4

Custom Search