PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500 no toner warning message

Custom Search

Astermarc
04-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Hy all! I have a bizhub 500 and for the few months it doesn't display the message :"Replace toner cartridge". Every time when it about 30 000 copies, I need to check if it has toner in the bottle. The copy/print is lightning and sometimes is good. Then it start to give me the code 2403. I cleaned the sensor and then replaced. No succed. Then code 2804 - I look at toner unit supply. It's full and has to much toner. I thought the developer unit has a problem. I changed it and change the developer, drum and cleaning blade. Nothing change. The machine doesn't display the message, has 2403 code every time when try to get toner. And the copy/print is very light.

Synthohol
04-09-2016, 03:32 PM
2804 code
Workaround/Fix

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Toner density abnormality. Toner Density Sensor (TCRS) has failed.
Replace the TCR sensor (p/n 26NA 8804 1).

2. The frame holding the Toner Conveyance gear/5 (p/n 26NA 3268 0) may be malformed. The gear will not correctly drive the Lock Arm (p/n 50GA 3271 0), therefore, creating a slight grinding noise when the toner bottle spins.
Verify that the frame where the toner conveyance drive gear sits is aligned correctly. The toner conveyance drive gear should not move side-to-side on the shaft.

3. The Toner Supply Stopper Spring is not in the proper position.
Ensure to place the Stopper Spring (p/n 50GA 3270 0) into proper position. For proper spring position, please review the pictures attached to this solution.

4. A buildup of toner on the Toner Level Detection sensor (PZS) causes an incorrect reading.
Remove and clean the PZS (p/n 40AA 8803 1).

2403 code

PROBABLE CAUSES:
bizhub 360/420/500/361/421/501
1. Damaged wires on the Toner Density sensor (TCRS).
Note: C-2303 may also be indicated with "Toner recharging" message.
Replace the TCRS sensor (p/n 26NA 8804 1).

2. The Toner Bottle Drive motor (M10) failed.
To test the motor:
a. Enter the Service mode.
b. Select State/Confirmation, then Load Check.
c. Enter code 56, multi-code 001 and press the print key. Verify the toner bottle drive motor turns smoothly in a clockwise direction.
d. Press stop.
e. Enter multi-code 002 and press the print key. Verify the toner bottle drive motor turns smoothly in the counterclockwise direction.
If the motor hesitates in either direction, replace the Toner Bottle drive motor (p/n 26NA 8006 1).

3. Toner bottle is not turning.
Ensure that the toner bottle does not have any manufacturing defects. Also ensure that the Pressing spring inside the Pressing assembly (p/n 50GA -333 0) is applying sufficient pressure when locked into place.

4. Excessive pressure from the Toner Bottle Door.
Remove the pressure springs (Toner Supply Unit (TSU), Item #7 - see attached) located in toner door.

5. Excessive toner misting due to openings in Toner supply holding main body (p/n 26NA 3231 1E).
Clean the part thoroughly with alcohol. Apply a covering like electrical tape to cover the openings as shown in the attached file.
CAUTION: Do not cover the opening from which the toner is added to the developer.

6. If the tray is pulled out when a toner bottle is being removed, the toner supply index part may turn from the correct position.
Please mark the position shown the attached file with a white marking pen. If the white mark and the arrow of index part has a gap, please fix the position and reload.

7. A toner supply guide tray is pushed down when removing, and also the bottle is pulled out without drawing the tray out completely.
Please mark the position shown the attached file with a white marking pen. If the white mark and the arrow of index part has a gap, please fix the position and reload.

8. Toner gets into Rotation sensor (PS28) eventually blocking it and causing the failure.
If all modifications have been completed on the toner hopper and the code still occurs intermittently, replace PS28 (p/n 9335 1300 61). Periodic cleaning is recommended to prevent the code from reoccuring.

bizhub 360/420/500
1. When an empty toner bottle is rotated while removing it from the machine, the alignment tab goes out of home position. Then, when a new bottle is inserted, it does not rotate correctly.
A modification is available. Please refer to Bulletin Number 5775 (https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/mfiles/5775.pdf) and follow the procedures outlined.
Note: To reset C-2403 after replacing the toner bottle, perform the following:
a. Power OFF the main switch (SW2, inside front door).
b. Slide the toner bottle cradle and remove spent toner bottle.
c. Prepare new toner bottle per instructions and place toner bottle in the cradle (line up the two notches at the rear so the cartridge is laying level in the cradle).
d. Turn bottle completely around and line up the arrow at the 12 o'clock position clockwise or counterclockwise and push cradle in and lock toner door.
e. The power should be re-enabled to ON while holding the Utility key; the Konica Minolta blue screen within 6 minutes, then the white screen with Trouble Reset. Touch and OK will appear.
f. Power OFF/ON and should go to Ready. This procedure may have to be redone several times.

2. The toner bottle position sensor (PS28) may have shifted when the drive section on the back of the machine was removed or installed. As a result, PS28 cannot detect rotation of the toner bottle.
Install a new Mounting Plate/B (p/n 50GA 3316 1E) and Stopper seal (p/n 4470 4024 01) for PS28. These parts prevent PS28 from becoming dislodged. Complete details are in Bulletin Number 6078 (https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/mfiles/6078.pdf).

3. Contact between parts around the bottle guide section.
Please install the Toner supply auxiliary cover countermeasure as explained in the attached Parts Modification Notice.

4. If toner bottle is not installed correctly and the customer forces it then it may cause tearing of the drive tabs on the toner bottle. This will cause the bottle not find the home position generating this error.
Please ensure that the toner bottle is inserted correctly. Refer to Bulletin Number 5471 (https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/media/5471.pdf) for details on a modification to the toner guide assembly.

5. Even though the correct procedure was used per Bulletin Number 5471 (https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/media/5471.pdf), there still may be burrs on the flange tips at neck of the toner bottle. Also, PS4 and PS28 may not be sensing properly.
Verify the correct operation of PS4 and PS28. Check for burrs on the flange tips at neck of the toner bottle. Use Scotch-Brite™ to remove the burrs on the toner bottle.
Note: The service documentation does not include a procedure for checking PS4 (Toner Bottle Sensor) and the PS28 (Toner Bottle Position Sensor). To check:
a. Enter the State Confirm mode g "Service Mode screen"; press [State Confirmation].
b. 'State Confirmation screen'; press [Sensor check].
c. 'Sensor Check screen'; press [Check Code] and, when entering the sensor check code in 3-digit format through the copy count setting button, a state (ON/OFF) or value is displayed in the Result area.
d. For the multi-mode, press [Multi Code] and enter a three-digit multi-code through the copy count setting key. When conducting the sensor check of other signal sources, repeat steps c and d.
IMPORTANT: Code 57, multi-mode 2, is used to monitor the output signals of PS4 (Toner Bottle Sensor), and multi-mode 3, which is not listed in the bizhub 360/420/500 Service Manual, for monitoring the output signal of PS28 (Toner Bottle Position Sensor). These sensors are located at the rear of the hopper assembly at the 11 o’clock position for PS28 and at the 12 o’clock position for PS4. The state of these sensors will switch from 0 to 1 if the bottle is moved.

6. Certain parts involved with the toner bottle become misaligned during the process of changing toner bottles. When the toner bottle is replaced, the toner bottle index part could rotate out of position. Subsequently, a customer would install a new toner bottle while the index part was out of home position.
A boss has been added to the toner supply guide part assembly, and a corresponding notch has been made in the toner supply index part. Replacing these two parts will eliminate accidental rotation of the index part as a cause of this error code. Replace these parts as a set. Please refer to Bulletin Number 6496 (https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/mfiles/6496.pdf) for more detail.

Astermarc
04-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Thx but I already have read this.

blackcat4866
04-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Thx but I already have read this.

I just read 18 separate possible solutions in that last post. Synthohol took the time to offer you 18 possible solutions. It's gratifying that you read the post, but you'll have to do more than that. Perhaps you could attempt a few of those solutions yourself.

I think you may have misunderstood the basic idea of a forum. We share ideas. We don't go out and do the work for you. That part is up to you. When there that many possibilities, you'll have to do some troubleshooting yourself. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
04-10-2016, 03:47 AM
Cat I know you're by the book, but from my experience the value of this forum over the manual is that the manual never says "check the XYZ oneway for slippage" or "the solenoid sticks on the dampener" or "the sensor behind the transfer belt gets built up with toner". The manual simply tells you what's failing and to replace it or replace the main board. Presumably we all know that, we're here looking for the real world solution.

Simply copying and pasting the manual is curteous but perhaps not the "sharing ideas" concept you think it is.

For me 2403 has always been either a defective bottle, or dirty sensor. That being said, there was a pretty extensive bulletin regarding this problem. It includes a new toner collar and some other crap.

Astermarc
04-10-2016, 08:46 AM
I just read 18 separate possible solutions in that last post. Synthohol took the time to offer you 18 possible solutions. It's gratifying that you read the post, but you'll have to do more than that. Perhaps you could attempt a few of those solutions yourself.

I think you may have misunderstood the basic idea of a forum. We share ideas. We don't go out and do the work for you. That part is up to you. When there that many possibilities, you'll have to do some troubleshooting yourself. =^..^=

When I said I already read this I want to say that the text was read, understood and the solution has been tried. With no other choice, I used the forum and hope that someone, with more experience than me, to share new ideas. I don't expect that someone give me the solution. But in this moment, I don't know where to start to solve this problems.

Astermarc
04-10-2016, 08:54 AM
For me 2403 has always been either a defective bottle, or dirty sensor. That being said, there was a pretty extensive bulletin regarding this problem. It includes a new toner collar and some other crap.

In 2 months that I have had the code, I change the sensor and change 3 bottles. So, I don't think is the bottle because can't be damage all 3 bottles that I changed. I'm right, no?

allan
04-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Did you change the ID sensor?

Synthohol
04-10-2016, 02:44 PM
IIRC initially there was a FOC recall or something on the toner hoppers,
if i couldnt get the code to go away i change the whole hopper assy with 2 new motors and issue went away.
this was the worst toner delivery system in the history of minolta/konica afaic.
was way too easy for customers to install toner incorrectly causing havoc.
even small burrs on the bottle from improper install would cause codes, there were springs to remove, sensors to replace etc..
after a while we just replaced the hoppers and motors just to stop getting callbacks.

50GAR71100 hopper unit

26NA80061 motor x2

Iowatech
04-11-2016, 12:01 AM
In 2 months that I have had the code, I change the sensor and change 3 bottles. So, I don't think is the bottle because can't be damage all 3 bottles that I changed. I'm right, no?

Sadly, you might be wrong. For example, is there even the slightest chance that your toner was in a truck that was parked under the hot summer sun to the point that the toner got baked to a crisp? (Oddly enough, I have seen that before, and I wasted an entire day figuring that out. I also wasted the time of a coworker from the mothership then as well.)

Astermarc
04-11-2016, 06:23 AM
IIRC initially there was a FOC recall or something on the toner hoppers,
if i couldnt get the code to go away i change the whole hopper assy with 2 new motors and issue went away.
this was the worst toner delivery system in the history of minolta/konica afaic.
was way too easy for customers to install toner incorrectly causing havoc.
even small burrs on the bottle from improper install would cause codes, there were springs to remove, sensors to replace etc..
after a while we just replaced the hoppers and motors just to stop getting callbacks.

50GAR71100 hopper unit

26NA80061 motor x2

Thank you for your time and information. I already replaced hoppers. I guess I need to change the motors too. I need to try this.

Astermarc
04-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Sadly, you might be wrong. For example, is there even the slightest chance that your toner was in a truck that was parked under the hot summer sun to the point that the toner got baked to a crisp? (Oddly enough, I have seen that before, and I wasted an entire day figuring that out. I also wasted the time of a coworker from the mothership then as well.)

I hope not have bad luck again with another toner bottle!

Custom Search