PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C284 scan to email error

Custom Search

Reed
04-13-2016, 07:18 AM
trying to set up a bizhub C284 scan to email. Doesn't matter which smtp server I am trying to use I alway get a 'server connection error" the error is 107 which according to the book is " the socket is not connected" How do I fix this?
thanks in advance

copier tech
04-13-2016, 07:28 AM
OK, start with the basics, do you know your DNS & gateway setting are correct? if you're unsure turn on DHCP let the machine pick this info up & try again.

As a test I use a gmail account to test scan to email smtp.gmail.com etc

Reed
04-13-2016, 07:31 AM
yes I set the network card to DHCP and also have reset the network card a couple times so that it would pick up the proper DNS and Gateway

Synthohol
04-13-2016, 12:15 PM
can you successfully ping anything in the outside world from the copier?
are you using gmail? the non e series has issues now since google changed their security. there is firmware to kind of fix this and trick the copier to thinking its an e series with the newer version of security.
Solution
CAUSE: Google has made SSL Security changes from TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.2. Currently, our non-4e products only have TLS 1.0 support with base firmware GXX-72.

SOLUTION: There is a workaround available until an official Base Level Firmware is created with TLS 1.2 support.
Upgrade the MFP with two specific firmwares to allow it to have the same functionalities that a 4e series has (GB2-K5). This is a 2-step process and a softswitch change is required.
IMPORTANT: Please precisely follow the steps below or the MFP may become inoperable.

1. Before updating the machine firmware to GB0-A9
a. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 20.
b. Install GB0-A9 firmware.
Note: If the bizhub is not updated to GB0-A9 firmware, the update to GB2-K5 will not install successfully.
2. Version GB0-A9 A1610Y0-F000-GB0-A9.exe (for Web Browser LK-101v3 support)
3. Version GB2-K5 for bizhub C554 series and C364 series A1610Y0-F000-GB2-K5.exe

CRITICAL ITEMS TO BE ADDRESSED (PLEASE READ)

1. Back up the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access (vCare) settings. These values will be initialized during the upgrade process.
a. Export the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access settings to a USB stick using the External Memory Backup function
b. If using Firmware versions GP7-65, GPK-68, GPR-68, GP4-70, or GPC-70, check the TCP/IP Address and DNS Server settings manually and write them down.

2. Determine whether or not Voice Data exists. If it is present, delete it.
a. Enter Service Mode.
b. Navigate to System 2 -> Next Page.
c. Press Install Data. If Voice Data exists, highlight it; then press Delete.
d. Press End -> Exit.
e. Turn the machine OFF.

3. If a Code CE301 is indicated
Code CE301 may occur in two specific environments.

Serverless Ubiquitous Print (LK-114)
Thin Print (Firmware version GPS-65)

If this occurs:
1. Enter Service Mode.
2. Navigate to System 2 -> Software Switch Setting.
3. Set Switch 156 to HEX 08; the press Fix. The HEX value will return to “00” automatically.
4. Reboot the machine.
5. Update the machine firmware to GA0-A9.
a. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 20.
b. Install GA0-A9 firmware.
6. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 60 (Function version 7).
a. Turn the machine ON and let it boot normally.
b. Enter Service Mode manually.
c. Navigate to System 2 -> Software Switch Setting.
d. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 60.
e. Press Fix; then wait for a soft beep to indicate that the value has been set.
f. Press END.
g. Turn the machine OFF.
7. Install the version GB2-K5 firmware that corresponds to the MFP model.
a. Insert the USB stick into the service port.
b. Turn the machine ON and wait a few minutes for it to boot into Service Mode.
c. Press the Start button, which will begin flashing.
d. Wait while the firmware is installed. When it is done, the Start button will be steady blue (not flashing).
e. Turn the machine OFF and remove the USB stick.
8. Install the Movie Data and Voice Data.
a. Turn the machine ON and let it boot normally.
b. Enter Service Mode manually.
c. Navigate to System 2 -> Next Page.
d. Select Install Data.
e. Insert the USB stick containing the Movie Data and Voice Data into any USB port.

Movie Data

- Press Movie Data. Be sure to deselect any other option that may be highlighted.
- Press Set.
- Press the Start button and wait for the data to be written.
- When finished, the Movie Data version will be displayed.

Voice Data

- Press Voice Data. Be sure to deselect any other option that may be highlighted.
- Press Set.
- Press the Start button and wait for the data to be written.
- When finished, the Voice Data version will be displayed.

f. Press END.
g. Remove the USB stick and exit Service Mode.
h. Turn the machine OFF/ON.

9. Install the Loadable Driver (only if a card reader such as the AU-201H is installed). Follow the installation directions that accompany the Loadable Driver.
10. Restore the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access (vCare) settings which were backed up.
a. Import the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access settings using the External Memory Backup function.
b. If the Network Settings were written down, enter them manually.
11. Reinstall bizhub Marketplace, if applicable.
12. Update the drivers on users’ computers to the appropriate version to work with this updated machine firmware.
13. If applicable, perform the following steps to have the MFP communicate with the vCare system.
a. Enter Service Mode.
b. Press the “CS Remote Care” button twice.
c. Press the “ID Code” button.
d. Enter the Tech ID number (must be 7 digits).
e. Press the “ID Code” button.
f. Press the “Detail Setting” button.
g. Press the “Date & Time” button.
h. Enter the current date and time (24-hour format).
i. Set the time zone; then press the “Set” button.
j. Press the “Basic Setting” button.
k. Press the “Initial Transmission” button.
l. Press the “Initial Transmission” button in the lower right corner. The status will display “Completed” in the upper left corner of the screen.

Technical Notes
This is only a temporary solution. Ultimately a new base firmware and all future base releases will contain TLS 1.2 support. The request will be for all the non-4e and C552 series machines.

Reed
04-13-2016, 03:04 PM
I have tried using a non gmail smtp. I tried using the one provided by the local internet provider and I even tried a yahoo. Both error out

Synthohol
04-13-2016, 04:00 PM
Most cable internet isps block port 25.
Can yoy ping the outside world from the copier?

Reed
04-13-2016, 04:05 PM
how do i ping the outside world from the copier. I am sure I have seen this somewhere while in the admin settings but can't remember where to find it .. thanks

Synthohol
04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
IiRC admin network expert settings ping
Verify the gateway and dns are correct

1twig
04-13-2016, 04:33 PM
The problem could be something as simple as the administrators email has to be the same as the account or id.First of all what type of email scanning are you doing?
1twig

1twig
04-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Here's the setup I used to scan to yahoo smtp account.
1twig

Reed
04-13-2016, 06:30 PM
1twig
Q0

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reed
04-13-2016, 06:31 PM
1twig
Tried those settings. Still no luck

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reed
04-14-2016, 04:29 AM
I tried smb scanning to a folder and still no luck. Which leads me to believe a security setting is turned on. BTW.. I was able to ping yahoo from the copier.

Reed
04-14-2016, 06:32 AM
Well I actually got it to scan to a folder. Just can't get the scan to email

Reed
04-14-2016, 03:42 PM
finally got it working. Had to update the firmware for the scan to email to work

Synthohol
04-14-2016, 03:47 PM
Glad you got it sorted out

1twig
04-19-2016, 08:35 PM
I have another fix for this.Create self ssl certificate fill out all fields most important is the administrators email address has to be that of the account or ID of the email setup.This fix worked on 3 different types of email yahoo,gmail,office365 all showed server connection error and this is the only thing I did.
1twig

BuildThenDrop
05-20-2018, 05:53 PM
I have another fix for this.Create self ssl certificate fill out all fields most important is the administrators email address has to be that of the account or ID of the email setup.This fix worked on 3 different types of email yahoo,gmail,office365 all showed server connection error and this is the only thing I did.
1twig

Tried for GMAIL using google dns servers and enabling less secure apps in my account.

Also tried yahoo with no luck and then tried adding SSL (regular and self signed), rebooting the machine in between everything. ( I did not try going back to gmail smtp settings with certificates though).

Do I need to flash the firmware according to the bulletin I've seen referenced? Is there some other (free) email provider that I can at least get set up in the mean time that doesn't need any of these settings? The company uses office 365 for their 6 employees.

Thank you.

copier tech
05-21-2018, 07:58 AM
Tried for GMAIL using google dns servers and enabling less secure apps in my account.

Also tried yahoo with no luck and then tried adding SSL (regular and self signed), rebooting the machine in between everything. ( I did not try going back to gmail smtp settings with certificates though).

Do I need to flash the firmware according to the bulletin I've seen referenced? Is there some other (free) email provider that I can at least get set up in the mean time that doesn't need any of these settings? The company uses office 365 for their 6 employees.

Thank you.

Yes, you'll need to update the firmware if you have the C224 (non e) model.

In the meantime you could set up scan to folder?

jamesyboy
05-21-2018, 11:55 AM
try setting dns to 8.8.8.8

BuildThenDrop
05-23-2018, 03:58 AM
Yes, you'll need to update the firmware if you have the C224 (non e) model.

In the meantime you could set up scan to folder?

Appreciate the input. This is the C284 (non e) Does that still apply?

We have 8 people in our office, some with Windows and some with Mac. Most are not technologically inclined. In order for them to scan to folder and be able to retrieve on any computer, I'd have to have it go to one computer first, then have that as a shared folder on the network? I've never done this on Apple but I'm sure there are some guides out there.

Thank you.

Synthohol
05-23-2018, 04:07 AM
Apple has removed the ftp protocol from Mac OS X 10.13, and it can't be added using the command line such as previous versions would allow. This is a Apple limitation on this new OS X. Scan to SMB is supported on MAC OS X 10.13.

4. As a Scan to SMB workaround, please use Scan to FTP.

The GUI for the FTP Server was
removed, so to use Scan to
FTP you have to activate FTP
Server via the Terminal first.
For more information please see
Apple® Article HT4704 - Lion Server: Enabling the FTP service
maybe this doc will help you or the advice above.

BuildThenDrop
05-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Apple has removed the ftp protocol from Mac OS X 10.13, and it can't be added using the command line such as previous versions would allow. This is a Apple limitation on this new OS X. Scan to SMB is supported on MAC OS X 10.13.

4. As a Scan to SMB workaround, please use Scan to FTP.

The GUI for the FTP Server was
removed, so to use Scan to
FTP you have to activate FTP
Server via the Terminal first.
For more information please see
Apple® Article HT4704 - Lion Server: Enabling the FTP service
maybe this doc will help you or the advice above.

Appreciate your help very much.

Copier guys have no eta to flash system so I'm trying everything. They only have one guy who's capable of doing it and he's out sick indefinitely.

In other news, I enabled scan to USB, so at least we have some sort of scanning right now, but it's still not optimal when the end users are all 55+. You'd think making sure the system is flashed to the news firmware and than all functions are enabled would be something they'd do before dropping the machine off haha.

***edit. Scan to USB didn't originally work as files weren't showing the on the computer. Once formatting to FAT32 they do show now.

Thanks again.

copier tech
05-23-2018, 08:06 PM
If they have a Windows sever create a shared folder on there & allow them all access to that. If they don't have a sever set a shared folder on one of the Windows PC’s (I usually use their reception Pc as typically its on all day)

Deffo update the firmware that should resolve the scan to email issues.

BuildThenDrop
05-31-2018, 02:59 PM
If they have a Windows sever create a shared folder on there & allow them all access to that. If they don't have a sever set a shared folder on one of the Windows PC’s (I usually use their reception Pc as typically its on all day)

Deffo update the firmware that should resolve the scan to email issues.

Copier Tech. I appreciate all of your help very much.

I do see now that the techs here done condone a user to try the usb flash. I also see the software is nothing something Konica publicly offers. I appreciate all of your help. I'll try the self update to see if that might help me in the mean time.

Custom Search