PDA

View Full Version : BIZ HUB C253 QUESTION

Custom Search

fshead
04-13-2016, 05:32 PM
HI
i am copy tech who tries not to deal with too many model machines,was trained minolta,sharp,canon many years back but i do mostly ricoh line now.
S o i was asked to repair a c253 making a sound like a bad gear and smudging the copies.
Customer already swapped the black image unit from parts machine and thinks the problem is in the drive section.
hes 1.5 hr roundtrip away and i wanted to know how good or bad is the back of this machine to get to.

thanks in advance

Jonny
04-13-2016, 05:48 PM
It may be the transfer belt cleaning mechanism. It has a coil to feed the waste toner out, this may be blocked up or maybe the pipe into the waste box. I have seen a sheet of paper stuck in one.

Hope that helps

jonny

fshead
04-13-2016, 06:12 PM
thnx
i ve seen that many times on ricohs inside hot warehouse enviroments.
the toner cakes up and the coil binds up,causing it to code out.
its been a while that i ve seen a bishub but does the trans cl unit come out front front door side.
as i remember the waste bottle is in the front.

paulrid
04-13-2016, 06:18 PM
Lets hope it's a locked ITB and not the dreaded toner block as that would be a scrap machine.

allan
04-13-2016, 06:31 PM
O come on its only going to take about 9 hours to fix. :D

habik
04-14-2016, 07:35 AM
As Paulrid mentioned. If it ain't the transfer belt or the waste box it self. Then the drive for waste auger + waste box is hooked through the main drive to give one way rotation to the toner hoppers (augers). If they haven't stopped the machine in time when it started with that gear knocking noise, then the likelihood of gears being shaved is very high and is a walkaway job as the labour will cost fortune. You can try and revive it from grave by vacuuming out the toner hoppers with imaging units semi-engaged from the shutter so you can create a draft through when vacuuming from top. First I would suggest is to fill the IU's with toner to the top. You'll need torch to shine and see if the toner is being sucked. (That IU which has the most toner in is the one with toner hopper being seized)!
You can help it to break the toner by turning the transfer belt drive gear in both directions whilst vacuuming the hoppers. For this you may have to pull the motor possibly the whole drive unit out so its easier to turn. When you manage to get it to turn the toner augers then you'll need to replace 2 of the same gears which may have worn teeth.
Few hours for sure. Search the forum, this issue have been known. I made video a while back. Not a job for afternoon. ;)

http://youtu.be/qeTjSW-Styk

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

paulrid
04-14-2016, 01:52 PM
The first time I watched that video it gave me nightmares but it did stop me from even attempting to do it :)

habik
04-14-2016, 06:07 PM
The first time I watched that video it gave me nightmares but it did stop me from even attempting to do it :)

Its not that bad :), honestly! ;)

fshead
04-17-2016, 01:17 AM
Its not that bad :), honestly! ;)

lets see 1.5 roundtrip drive to a new account and an accnt that wants me to confirm in 1 hour labor charge
his 9 yr machine will be good as new..
i passed and am too onld to deal that crap...
thnx from all.

allan
04-17-2016, 06:46 AM
http://youtu.be/qeTjSW-Styk

Imagine you do this in a really small print shop. You run out of space to put stuff and you give the customer a cathartic experience.
No workshop back then.

Custom Search