PDA

View Full Version : Copies Have Squares - Bizhub C550

Custom Search

bungapads
04-14-2016, 11:51 PM
Does someone know why, when I make a copy the copy itself comes out with small 3/8" x 3/8" squares over the copied document. What is the fix?

Synthohol
04-15-2016, 12:39 AM
it was not setup properly following the install instructions.
you can try just doing gradations but i would follow the install sheet in order.

bungapads
04-15-2016, 01:26 AM
it was not setup properly following the install instructions.
you can try just doing gradations but i would follow the install sheet in order.

Thank you for your response. What install sheet are you referring to?

Don N.
04-15-2016, 01:57 AM
From experience with c253/c353 series, I did just the gradations (3 each of all types) several times & still had the squares. This was after we had to do an NVRAM clear, & setup is needed.
I failed to continue with the next few steps including setting the machine serial no. (even though it was already set, go in & act like you entered it) and set the time in the service mode, etc. Just follow the setup exactly and the squares will go away.

bungapads
04-15-2016, 02:17 AM
From experience with c253/c353 series, I did just the gradations (3 each of all types) several times & still had the squares. This was after we had to do an NVRAM clear, & setup is needed.
I failed to continue with the next few steps including setting the machine serial no. (even though it was already set, go in & act like you entered it) and set the time in the service mode, etc. Just follow the setup exactly and the squares will go away.

Thanks. I just did an NVRAM set up on the C550 recently. I do not have the install- setup instructions. Could you send them to me?

Lastly, I have set up the Fiery ic-1409 in the past and currently. My computer can browse to the Fiery but it is as though the copier is not seeing the fiery. I try to input the password for the fiery which is Fiery.1 by default and the controller says incorrect. I input the admin password and it says the same thing. Any clue what is going on?

hotfuser
04-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Thanks. I just did an NVRAM set up on the C550 recently. I do not have the install- setup instructions. Could you send them to me?

Lastly, I have set up the Fiery ic-1409 in the past and currently. My computer can browse to the Fiery but it is as though the copier is not seeing the fiery. I try to input the password for the fiery which is Fiery.1 by default and the controller says incorrect. I input the admin password and it says the same thing. Any clue what is going on?

it sounds like you havent set the controller type in 'system2' in service mode to 'controller type 1'

Synthohol
04-15-2016, 12:52 PM
here, i couldnt find 550 but the 450 is the same.

bungapads
04-15-2016, 06:26 PM
it sounds like you havent set the controller type in 'system2' in service mode to 'controller type 1'

Thank you for your comment. I did go back and reset it but I still cannot print. It is strange because I cannot think of anything else that would prevent the C550 from printing. I am not able to log into the Fiery using the Fiery.1 password which is also strange, even though I can browse to the fiery using control panel on C550 or computer IP address. If I could get around this fiery password issue, I could run set up and that would probably fix things. I also tried three different ways to set IP address for c550 with a Fiery, auto, manual (one number greater than ip for fiery) and another ip greater than ip address for fiery. None worked. Any clue?

Synthohol
04-15-2016, 07:33 PM
On the copier it should be set to auto dhcp. (Crossover cable from fiery to copiers rj45
Having the fiery assign the next IP up is an option in network setup on the fiery.
Have you tried a blank password?
If you get desperate enough let me know and ill link you to system software on my home server.
If you do go that route, install poweriso on your laptop. You can mount .iso images as virtual dvd drives so no need to burn disks anymore.
Doing it that way for years flawlessly.

bungapads
04-16-2016, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the help. I was able to go through the set up on the C550 and now I can print to it without squares.

The last issue is that I do not know the password for the fiery and I am not able to use command workstation except as guest. I need to log in as administrator to control color, etc. Tyring to figure out what the password is.

ZOOTECH
04-16-2016, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the help. I was able to go through the set up on the C550 and now I can print to it without squares.

The last issue is that I do not know the password for the fiery and I am not able to use command workstation except as guest. I need to log in as administrator to control color, etc. Tyring to figure out what the password is.
By default, the password is Fiery.1: if it has been changed, there is a post script file that will print out the new password.

Synthohol
04-16-2016, 03:55 AM
By default, the password is Fiery.1: if it has been changed, there is a post script file that will print out the new password.
yeah, we are working on this in another thread :)

ZOOTECH
04-16-2016, 04:14 AM
yeah, we are working on this in another thread :)
Well excuse me for duplicating a previous post. :cool:

Synthohol
04-16-2016, 04:17 AM
hehe, i didn't mean it like THAT :p

ZOOTECH
04-16-2016, 04:19 AM
hehe, i didn't mean it like THAT :p
No problem Steve. I think I was channeling a Steve Martin thing.!

Custom Search