PDA

View Full Version : C550 Bizhub and Fiery Controller 1409

Custom Search

bungapads
04-15-2016, 01:31 AM
This Bizhub C550 has an upgraded Fiery installed (not bustled fiery). I think the model in 1409. I have set all the IP information for the fiery. I was able to browse to it, but now I cannot. I went to the control panel of the C550 to verify the IP address of the Copier and it is set to one number higher in IP address than the fiery...which is what the instructions say. However, when I go to controller details in the panel and try to run set up, I cannot because it is asking for a password. Everything I put in is incorrect. I put in Fiery.1 - no luck, I put in the machine's admin password - no luck. Does any one know what password might work. I also tried 1234567 - no luck.

Also, I cannot access the fiery through the admin panel on the Command Workstation because it wants the admin password. None worked. This all worked in the past, so I cannot figure out what happened.

RRodgers
04-15-2016, 05:21 AM
Search for the Fiery password grabber file. Send this file to the Fiery and it will just print out the password. I forgot what it's called. I have it laying around someplace...

DigiMan
04-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Longshot but...SysAdm??? :cool:

peter42
04-15-2016, 10:47 AM
Have a look at this

(http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/17098-fiery-password-retrieval-tool-post57819.html#post57819)http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/17098-fiery-password-retrieval-tool-post57819.html#post57819

greetings peter

CopyJunkie
04-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Search for the Fiery password grabber file. Send this file to the Fiery and it will just print out the password. I forgot what it's called. I have it laying around someplace...

password.ps hasn't worked for me on any recent fiery's, it just prints out of bunch of garbage text... but I still have it if you want to try. I think you're looking at system software to reset the password, at least you should be able to get a config page out of it right?

bungapads
04-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Peter. Thanks for the file. Unfortunately, I am not able to print to the printer. I am able to browse via the ip address to the fiery. I am able to browse to the fiery through the main screen of the C550, but not able to run set up because I do not know what the password is. It looks like I will have to re-install the fiery software. Do you have instructions on how to do this?

RRodgers
04-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Peter. Thanks for the file. Unfortunately, I am not able to print to the printer. I am able to browse via the ip address to the fiery. I am able to browse to the fiery through the main screen of the C550, but not able to run set up because I do not know what the password is. It looks like I will have to re-install the fiery software. Do you have instructions on how to do this?

you don't print the file you import it via the web app or command workstation

bungapads
04-15-2016, 06:39 PM
password.ps hasn't worked for me on any recent fiery's, it just prints out of bunch of garbage text... but I still have it if you want to try. I think you're looking at system software to reset the password, at least you should be able to get a config page out of it right?

Thanks for your reply. If you have some instructions on how to print that file, please let me know. I was unable to unzip it, but not sure how to actually print it to the fiery to get the password. As to the last statement I am not sure what you are referring to. Could you be more specific about the config page. I was able to print a configuration page, but I do not see the password listed there. Is this what you were talking about? Is the password there?

bungapads
04-15-2016, 06:45 PM
you don't print the file you import it via the web app or command workstation

I must be missing something. I went to the link you provided. I unzipped the file. I then went to command workstation and imported it. The only option I get in the import window is to HOLD. What do I do now?

RRodgers
04-15-2016, 07:14 PM
I must be missing something. I went to the link you provided. I unzipped the file. I then went to command workstation and imported it. The only option I get in the import window is to HOLD. What do I do now?

you "might be able to import it into the hold que and release from there.

Synthohol
04-15-2016, 07:36 PM
IIRC you can also setup a lpr printer queue set to Direct and drag the password file into the printer icon created.
If the page that prints onlly reads Password= " " the admin password is blank.

CopyJunkie
04-15-2016, 09:01 PM
you "might be able to import it into the hold que and release from there.

Like RRodgers said you should be able to print it from the hold queue or you could just "Process and Hold" and preview it with CWS5. The Password is not on the config page. I was just saying if you redo system software it'll much easier to put the information back if you have it on paper.

bungapads
04-15-2016, 09:57 PM
IIRC you can also setup a lpr printer queue set to Direct and drag the password file into the printer icon created.
If the page that prints onlly reads Password= " " the admin password is blank.

I do not know how to set up an LPR printer on windows 10 and I cannot find an article on it. DO you know how? Is there any other way to print this ps file and see the password

RRodgers
04-15-2016, 10:23 PM
I do not know how to set up an LPR printer on windows 10 and I cannot find an article on it. DO you know how? Is there any other way to print this ps file and see the password
AGAIN put it in the queue and then move it from there, it will print out the password. Make sure it comes out on portrait paper or you wont see it as it comes out on the bottom of the page.

/unsubscribe

Synthohol
04-15-2016, 11:36 PM

all fierys should be setup LPR for the best results.
just use the correct driver and set this as the port and you can use Direct instead of Print for this.

bungapads
04-16-2016, 12:10 AM
all fierys should be setup LPR for the best results.
just use the correct driver and set this as the port and you can use Direct instead of Print for this.

How do you use Direct? Where is Direct? I am completely unfamiliar with what you are saying. It sounds like it might work, but I really need child like instruction. Sorry

Synthohol
04-16-2016, 12:33 AM
add a printer, choose standard tcpip port, type in the IP for the Fiery, point to the correct driver and when setup is done choose properties, ports, tic the bullet for LPR, type Direct as the queue, save.
print a test page then drag the password file on to the printer icon to print.

RRodgers
04-16-2016, 12:57 AM
\\ipaddress\direct

Synthohol
04-16-2016, 01:44 AM
no need to be seen in windows as a network device, i turn off windows printing. no need for it since winxp this i got from EFI class. LPR is much more reliable without wasting resources on the fiery. and frees up more memory on the fiery.
even loaded on a MAC you use LPD and the IP and Print for the queue (in normal cases)
using window printing (\\fiery\port) i found if the copier jams or is out of paper, it switches to offline in the printer folder and jobs get held up even though the copier is back ready to go.
it may not happen all the time but after reloading it LPR my customers dont call for queue constipation.
your mileage may vary, i can only share my experiences and what i do that works reliably.
sometimes the USB ports on the fiery are set to auto print, you can try putting the file on a usb stick and plug it into the fiery?
if you are looking for a faster fix you can rerun system software.
lemme know if you need it, ill give you a link.

RRodgers
04-16-2016, 02:38 AM
no need to be seen in windows as a network device, i turn off windows printing. no need for it since winxp this i got from EFI class. LPR is much more reliable without wasting resources on the fiery. and frees up more memory on the fiery.
even loaded on a MAC you use LPD and the IP and Print for the queue (iin normal cases)
using window printing (\\fiery\port) i found if the copier jams or is out of paper, it switches to offline in the printer folder and jobs get held up even though the copier is back ready to go.
it may not happen all the time but after reloading it LPR my customers dont call for queue constipation.
your mileage may vary, i can only share my experiences and what i do that works reliably.
sometimes the USB ports on the fiery are set to auto print, you can try putting the file on a usb stick and plug it into the fiery?
if you are looking for a faster fix you can rerun system software.
lemme know if you need it, ill give you a link.

I agree, but you have to agree that \\ is one of the fastest ways to connect and be off to the races, the guy just needs the direct queue up and running... Since he hasn't figured out how to just inpot the file.

Synthohol
04-16-2016, 03:50 AM
oh i totally agree its the easiest, i just hate callbacks ;) but for this exercise any way to get the password to print would be great.
also spending less than an hour reloading system software is the route i would take at this point in his shoes.

peter42
04-16-2016, 06:57 AM
It can be possible, that you have an european configured machine.
Try instead of "Fiery.1" the "Fierz.1".

greetings peter

bungapads
04-22-2016, 05:45 AM
It can be possible, that you have an european configured machine.
Try instead of "Fiery.1" the "Fierz.1".

greetings peter

I got the machine working and everything is great. I was able to recover password. Thanks everyone for your help.

Custom Search