PDA

View Full Version : Using Memory RX Setting on BizHub C253 while being able to forward faxes

Custom Search

eljainc
04-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Hello,

I discovered earlier today that I can hold faxes in a system user box. Later, I can print selected ones by punching in the password assigned by the Memory RX function.

This is great, however it states in the C353/C253/C203 Network, Scan, Fax manual on page 9-26 that after enabling the Memory RX function, the Forward TX Setting, TSI User
Box Setting and PC-Fax RX settings cannot be specified. Furthermore, while Memory RX is on, the forwarding of faxes to an SMB address (i.e. \\WORKSTATION1\C\FAXES) does
not work.

Is there a way to hold off printing faxes while being able to forward the Faxes to an external address/computer?

Thanks
Mike

Synthohol
04-15-2016, 11:46 PM
Hello,

\\WORKSTATION1\C\FAXES) does
not work.
Thanks
Mike
thats the first thing to diagnose if you want this to work the way you want. add the user name to the permissions of the shared folder, if its a domain PC you may need to type domainame\username.
make sure to allow full control to the folder with the name you use both on PC and Pagescope. also anti-virus/firewall apps need to be checked if they are stopping the file. this is quite common.

eljainc
04-16-2016, 04:38 AM
I think you might have misunderstood my post. I am able to forward faxes to another destination. However, I cannot suppress faxes by only storing them (without printing) and also using the Memory RX setting. The manual states this.

I did not intend for a discussion on the proper set up of the forwarding. I want to have the forwarding working, but no printing of faxes at the same time.

rrrohan
04-16-2016, 07:00 AM
It's one or the other. I've never heard of anyone needing both

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Synthohol
04-16-2016, 02:25 PM
there is an option for forwarding without printing if thats what you mean.
it will only print if the forwarding fails, like if the computer is off.
if this is not what you are looking for i apologize.

Forward TX Setting
• It will not be displayed when [PC-FAX RX Setting], [Memory RX] or [TSI User Box Setting] is set to “ON”.
• It will not be displayed when the following setting shows that Vendor or Authentication
Device is mounted.
[Service Mode] → → [Management Function Choice]
(5) Incomplete TX Hold
• It will be displayed when the following setting is set to “ON”.
[Service Mode] → [FAX] → [System] → [Display Setting] → [Re-Transimission]
• It will not be displayed when the following setting shows that Management Device 2 is
mounted.
(6) PC-Fax RX Setting
• It will not be displayed when [Forward TX Setting], [Memory RX] or [TSI User Box Setting] is set to “ON”.
Functions • To set whether to use the forward fax function.
Use • To forward the received text to the receiver which has been specified.
Forward & Print : Forward the received text, and print all out
[B]Forward & Print (If TX Fails) : Forward the received text, and prints out only when
[B]fails to be forwarded
Setting/
Procedure
• The default setting is OFF.
“OFF” Forward & Print Forward & Print (If TX Fails)
• When set to [ON], set the address to forward to.

eljainc
04-17-2016, 01:12 PM
Oh, thank you very much. I think this is what I need. I didn't realize that this option would hold off printing unless there was a problem
forwarding. I will try it when I get into the office.

Mike

there is an option for forwarding without printing if thats what you mean.
it will only print if the forwarding fails, like if the computer is off.
if this is not what you are looking for i apologize.

Forward TX Setting
• It will not be displayed when [PC-FAX RX Setting], [Memory RX] or [TSI User Box Setting] is set to “ON”.
• It will not be displayed when the following setting shows that Vendor or Authentication
Device is mounted.
(5) Incomplete TX Hold
• It will be displayed when the following setting is set to “ON”.
[Service Mode] → [FAX] → [System] → [Display Setting] → [Re-Transimission]
• It will not be displayed when the following setting shows that Management Device 2 is
mounted.
(6) PC-Fax RX Setting
• It will not be displayed when [Forward TX Setting], [Memory RX] or [TSI User Box Setting] is set to “ON”.
Functions • To set whether to use the forward fax function.
Use • To forward the received text to the receiver which has been specified.
Forward & Print : Forward the received text, and print all out
[B]Forward & Print (If TX Fails) : Forward the received text, and prints out only when
[B]fails to be forwarded
Setting/
Procedure
• The default setting is OFF.
“OFF” Forward & Print Forward & Print (If TX Fails)
• When set to [ON], set the address to forward to.

eljainc
04-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Synthohol (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/synthohol.html)

Synthohol,

Thanks again for your help. The Forward & Print (if TX fails) did the trick. This is going to end up saving us heaps of paper.

Mike

Oh, thank you very much. I think this is what I need. I didn't realize that this option would hold off printing unless there was a problem
forwarding. I will try it when I get into the office.

Mike

Synthohol
04-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Anytime, glad I could help.

Custom Search